“Nice Hotel Better yet... Awesome staff”

Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited Grand Rapids for a conference with 3 colleagues... the front desk staff was very accommodating to our request to be given rooms on 1 floor. I did not get a king bed but was given a corner room... I love a lot of windows... Choose the tower side if you prefer a more modern decor. It was a very quiet night... Love coffee so having Starbucks onsite was a plus. Everyone I dealt with from front desk, bellhop, valet staff, to doorman all were so kind and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us while you were visiting Grand Rapids! I am glad that you enjoyed our Starbucks, and the beautiful views from our corner Tower Rooms. Thank you for taking note of our tremendous staff - we are fortunate enough to have such wonderful staff members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love this place, came here for a competition from my high school. Wasn't sure what to expect but I looked at photos prior to staying, needless to say it was a truly amazing stay. I had the classic room with one king bed. I came in and it was very clean and the bathroom was newly renovated and lovely accessories (of course shampoo) such as a shower cap and a needle kit. The bed was very comfy. The staff was also very sweet. Stayed the weekend (Fri-Sun) and didn't leave the hotel. Ate at the Cornucopia around 3 times. Had the Pesto Turkey Panini for lunch, as well as the Athens Pizza and Ham & Cheese Omelet croissant sandwich. They were made quickly, very fresh and it was all so delicious. It was also available to-go which was nice. Also, there was a nice Starbucks I went to 3 times. Needless to say very nice staff! The Lobby and chandeliers were just so beautiful, Only thing I can complain about is the wifi was not working well, it was a bit disappointing but I was on the 9th floor and I just had the best time ever!!! Thank You again <3

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love the Amway Grand! whether it's pure pleasure or business, there's not another hotel like it. The wonderful smiling service, the food, the location in the heart of Grand Rapids...I would rather stay here than anywhere else! Pricey, but worth every penny! Visit during Art Prize for a real treat!

Room Tip: I love the older section's decor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I just want to say that every hotel manager in the buisness needs to stay one night in this hotel. The staff and owners really get it. The doors are quiet and you never know the staff are anywhere around your room. I want to thank Gil and Ryan on the 3rd shift team for everything. If you go to Grand Rapids treat yourself and stay at The Amway!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking note about of our tremendous staff - we are very fortunate to have such sincere and dedicated staff members. We are quite flattered by your very kind words. We look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

As an architect, I'm kinda prissy about cities and the cool-ness factor. GRAND RAPIDS IS VERY COOL. I had NO IDEA; Just go there, I cannot begin to tell you about all the things you will find. Also, go to the beaches, but avoid the towns. Surprisingly, you will have to pay for admittance so bring a charcoal grill , sneak in some local brew, and make a sunset night of it! The Amway was OK+ for my spouse's convention. Nice, quiet room. No perks- like coffee. Nice hotel in a great location. Best part was that our bellhop told me about the best islands for snorkeling/diving. Very nice people all around at the hotel. Again, I was WOWED with the city.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Beautiful hotel! This hotel is quite unique in that one side of the hotel is historic and very elegant with old charm and gorgeous decor. The other side is modern with contemporary decor. I initially requested to stay on the historic side but had a problem with the air circulation in the room. The room was small and a bit stuffy for my sensitive sinuses but a beautiful room nonetheless. After a sleepless night, I requested to be moved to the other side of the hotel. The hotel staff was very understanding and managed to accommodate my request even though the hotel was at full capacity. The room was spacious and newly renovated with a beautiful view. (five star quality) My sinus issue cleared up and I enjoyed the remainder of my stay. There is a spacious health club with updated equipment. A decent selection of restaurants but other options outside the hotel within walking distance. Overall, a very nice hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for sharing this wonderful review of your experience. We are glad you enjoyed so much of what our hotel has to offer, including the architecture, location, and friendly staff; we are delighted that you got to experience our newly renovated Tower Rooms. I'm glad we were able accommodate you in getting another room that cleared your sinus issues! We look forward to having you again, and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently stayed at the Amway Grand for a teacher convention and was happy with the corner room I was given (1981.) It had a comfortable king-sized bed with a large sitting area, complete with a table and chairs. I'd agree with other reviewers who have said the heating unit was rather loud which made it hard to hear the TV. The bathroom was clean and big enough.

I visited the restaurants in the hotel during my stay. I wasn't overly impressed, especially with the prices. The breakfast and lunch buffets were definitely not worth the $15-$20 I paid for a limited meal.

That being said, it was a lovely stay. The staff was courteous and helpful. It was clean. It was convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business