Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
CityFlatsHotel(Grand Rapids)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,737 results
All reviewsnew towerruth's chrisolder parttower roomsports barpantlind hotelclassic hotelwolfgang puckold sectionwalk in closetvalet parkingview of the riverroom serviceconvention centerwithin walking distancebeautiful roomart prize
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I won't go in to the things that resulted in me reaching out to the General Manager because this hotel deserves its commendations. I will tell you it had to do with the first line staff. Unfortunately they are our first impressions of an establishment. It shouldn't be that way because the issues I faced are not a direct reflection of the upper management and the hotel they run. In my case, it was a couple of negligent attitudes that spoiled my first day there. I adamantly requested to speak with the management and then (and only then) did they begin to "care". Once the upper management got involved, my issues were resolved promptly and to my satisfaction. The remainder of my stay was great! This beautiful hotel is within walking distance of historical and entertaining spots. All of the dinning areas in the hotel were excellent and besides the few "problem children", the staff was professional and welcoming. All and all, it turned out to be a very good stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate your kind words about our General Manager, who is indeed a terrific leader! We are very fortunate to have him. I am glad that he was able to make sure the remainder of your stay was enjoyable. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting Grand Rapids. We look forward to hosting you!

At your service,

C. Kolehouse

Reviewed May 14, 2013

During a recent convention, we stayed at this hotel. The hotel is a great blendinging of old and new. My room was in the original section. It was very comfortable and had easy access to the elevator. The complex is right next to the municipal convention center and the river. Across the river, a short, beautiful walk takes you to the Gerald Ford Presidential Library. The Children's Museum is also a block away on the riverfront. Dining and shopping were a short walk in the other direction. The staff was wonderful and the meetings were in some of the nicest rooms within the hotel. This hotel has everything! I'll stay there again on my next trip to Grand Rapids for sure!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for only one night in May and was pleasantly surprised. The tower I stayed in was renovated and very nice. The room was extra large (it had its own walk in closet), and the two queen beds were dwarfed by the size of the room. The bathroom was completely renovated and was clean and a pretty good size for a hotel bathroom. The lobby area was impressive with 3 large chandeliers and a water fountain. I didn't have a view (just of the roof!) but the room itself made up for lack of view. Right in the downtown area but still close to the highway.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the renovated tower as I heard from co-workers travelling with me that not all rooms were as nice as what I had.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Grand Rapids for the Mid-America Oireachtas! We really enjoyed hosting your group and seeing you all. It was fun to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with all the dancers and their families! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, our restaurants, and some of the nearby attractions. We hope to see you again next year!

At your service,

C. Kolehouse

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on 18th floor of tower. Very nice room. Bath area a bit dated. We found the service to be exceptionally good. Was great to stay after River bank Run and use pool. Close to many nice restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for three nights in November 2012. We were in the older section and absolutely loved our room which had a king bed and additional sitting area, microwave, dressing room and refrigerator. The small restaurant with its old fashioned booths had nice food, my daughter loved the ice cream Sundae. Also had the Thanksgiving day buffet which exceeded our expectations. We were there for the Mid-America Oireachtas and the proximity to the dance venue and then some sightseeing was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family