“Stay here!!! FABULOUS HOTEL!!!”

Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love staying at the Amway Grand Plaza every time I'm in Grand Rapids. I am a Marriott girl and usually stay with that brand but I will always venture away for this hotel. The Amway Grand has great rates and is such a fabulous hotel! The staff is so professional and friendly. From the minute you pull up to the valet station, the attendants are so friendly, helpful and fast! Check in is a breeze and they even offered me a free upgrade. As an added bonus, there was an employee from Ruth's Chris in the lobby offering a complimentary chocolate mousse cup. Yum!

This hotel is so beautiful and elegant! The rooms are classic, comfortable and feature modern clean bathrooms. Ruth's Chris is attached to the hotel and is an excellent choice for dinner. Starbucks is also attached to the hotel and is a great breakfast stop. I love the convenience and the ability to not have to venture out of the hotel for food options because it was a cool 6 degrees and snowing outside. The hotel also has some great boutiques for some unique gifts and shopping.

Each night the maid came and offered a turn down service, lowered the curtains and left me two delicious mint chocolates from Kay Cummings Candies in SLC. What a treat! During my stay I used room service two nights and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the very reasonable price for room service. Dinner was delivered each night by a very nice attendant on a beautifully displayed dinner cart.

I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. This was the third time I've stayed at the hotel and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! It has been an A++ experience every time!

Room Tip: Sign up to be a PreferredHotelGroup.com member and you may get a free upgrade upon check in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Olive272
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed her numerous times but most recent was new years eve. Each of the ballrooms offered a unique upscale nye event. The staff very respectful as always and much more accommodating than that excuse of a hotel next door (jw marriott) ruth chris inside the amway offers the best steak in Grand Rapids. Amway is my go to hotel in the grand rapids area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed New Year's Eve with us! We are always honored when guests choose to spend holidays and special occasions with us, and am glad you appreciated the diverse and lively events we had in each ballroom, as well as the service from our staff. We look forward to hosting you again next year!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business convention. The facility was excellent on every level--service, quality of meeting space, ease of getting around, and the variety of restaurants and shopping. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience, which surpassed many hotels in bigger and more well known conference cities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Musician47
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Did a "senior getaway" for an over night at this hotel,booking a Luxury suite for Saturday-Sunday.Met by a friendly valet park person and a speedy/friendly check in. Had a room on the 13th floor with bedroom, "living room",two bathrooms and two corners providing 180 degree view of river,museum and Ford Museum. Cold outside but the hotel provides everything from cafe to posh dining,sports bar,swimming pool,and Starbucks. Mens/womens shop and an "odds and ends" store similar to one at an airport with souvenirs,books/newspapers,etc.In the evening dined at Cygnus 27 on 27th floor,very classy and great food.A wonderful weekend spent relaxing in the room with comfortable bed. Will return.Surprisingly,rate was less on weekend for the room.

Room Tip: For a one/two night getaway,get the luxury suite,roomy and great view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Veteran101st

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your "senior getaway," and for sharing this lovely review of your experience! In these cold winter months, having several dining and shopping options available within the hotel proves to be a wonderful bonus for our guests! I am glad you enjoyed your experience at Cygnus 27 - the view is just irreplaceable. We would love to host you for another weekend stay. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed here twice for 2-3 nights each time. Both times we enjoyed attentive staff, a very clean hotel with much charm. The last visit was in December and the hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Our jr suite in the older section, (a very reasonable upcharge) was very large and overlooked the ice skating rink in the park across the street. On a previous visit, we stayed in the newer section which had wonderful views of the river & the Ford Museum. I would look forward to staying here again. We loved the cozy bar with the fireplace just off of the lobby. Ruth's Chris was an added bonus!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TJCDDS

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this wonderful review! The Pantlind Lobby at Christmas time is a must-see, so I'm glad you were able to join us for the holidays. The Lumber Baron Bar's fireplace is an instant favorite for many guests, as is the ice skating rink and nearby museums. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times while attending an annual conference. The hotel is impecable and the service is great! I have always been able to get an early check-in. Although I am an historic preservation enthusiast, I prefer to stay on the new side where the rooms are larger and the views are great. The hotel staff treats every guest like royalty. My husband often joins me on these trips because this is such a great place to stay. We are fond of the Lumberbaron bar in the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the new side have great views of the river and the Grand Rapids skyline. They are a...
1  Thank Anne K
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed for out first wedding anniversary and got the romance package which includes valet parking, wine and chocolates and credit towards dinner. We requested the wine delivery to the room ahead of time and confirmed it at check-in. We planned to enjoy the wine before dinner. However, we waited an hour for the wine after it was supposed to be delivered and it never came. We left and went to dinner at Ruth's Chris. It was great and the service by Elaine was excellent. Upon checkout I mentioned the issue with the wine to the front desk. They did not bring a manager over to discuss, make a note to the service dept or show any other consideration. They did not care. The service in the restaurants was great but I was totally unimpressed with the Hotel Service. I will not return. I will go to the JW Marriott instead.

Room Tip: I would book a room at the JW Marriott.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us - we are very honored that you would select our hotel to celebrate your first wedding anniversary. I sincerely apologize for our failure to deliver the bottle of wine to your room. We pride ourselves on taking care of these types of requests quickly and correctly, as we know it is these details that make a stay truly special. We hope that you will consider a stay with us again in the future, and another visit to our fabulous Ruth's Chris Steak House. Elaine would love to see you two again!