Tripadvisor
Grand Rapids
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews rooftop bar exposed brick hardwood floors great location expensive parking parking garage two bedroom suite full kitchen within walking distance high ceilings city view bachelorette party would definitely stay here again free breakfast very nice hotel home away from home checking in
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Our stay was nothing short of AMAZING. This was the BEST hotel experience we’ve ever had! The room was wonderful, spacious, clean, and exceeded our expectations.

Justin, the concierge, was beyond helpful with everything. I appreciated everything he did for us, and his recommendations on what to do around the city were on point. He really made us feel like royalty!

The breakfast selection was great! I’m so pleased with our choice to stay at this location, and I highly recommend anyone experience the same wonderful treatment we received. We will definitely be staying at Homewood Suites again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Justin B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear KLP002,

Thank you so much for the super kind review! I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to our location, in part thanks to myself and the breakfast staff! I will share your wonderful feedback with our entire staff, and we look forward to your next stay!!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I love this location. Everyone is always pleasant. The rooms are spacious and very stylish. Justin B. is so friendly and accommodating. He makes my stays enjoyable. He gives me free upgrades if they're available. I can't wait to go back.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Justin B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Dear Wanderer54911213066,

Thank you so much for the absolutely kind 5 star review! We love it every time you elect to stay with us. It is always my pleasure upgrading you when I see you are coming in! Enjoy the red velvet candy bars ;). We look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Hard to park, check-in on 2nd floor, rooms were cold and loud. Not for me is all - nice place, but very tough to get around in. Had to park out front, walk up 2 flights of stairs to check-in and then go back out and find parking lot in garage. That was just the start of the fun.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Justin B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Matthew D,

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience at our property. For your information, we are staffed 24 hours a day at the front desk and are willing to assist with any assistance you require, such as finding adequate parking, or switching your room if you are having trouble sleeping due to noise. I will share your feedback with our entire staff as we continually look to improve. Thank you again for choosing us, and safe travels.

Justin B CTA
Front Desk Attendant

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with friends for a “parents night out” in downtown GR. The reception desk was very welcoming and every staff member we encountered was super friendly! The room was perfect for our needs with separate bed/bathrooms but a central living space to hang out. Great views of downtown, too! The evening social was a nice surprise and the buffet breakfast was yummy (good for that morning headache lol). Convenient location to walk anywhere downtown or it’s only a $5 Uber ride to Van Andel. Be aware that parking is currently $32 for overnight, but gives you in and out privileges if you need it. We will definitely stay here again for our next night on the town!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear AshleyBU8371QY,

Thank you so much for the incredible 5 star review! I am delighted you had a wonderful parents night out while choosing to stay at our location! We cannot wait for the next time you choose to stay with us!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

My husband and I stayed for the night for our anniversary. We checked in easily with a very friendly receptionist. There is a nightly gathering time with light snacks and drinks. My husband and I attended in the window this is offered, but unfortunately, some of the food was picked over and the soup was completely gone. The ladies that were working that area were very friendly, but I did not notice food was replenished. They were mostly just tidying up the area.
The room was very nice and spacious. My only complaint would be the view. The window looked directly into a level of a parking ramp, literally straight into the parking ramp, it was weird. We just shut the blinds and curtains. The room itself was quiet, I loved the option for a fan to run, as I am a light sleeper. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. Lastly we really appreciated a noon checkout. This is an hour later than other hotels in the area and it is nice not to be rushed. In my opinion, I sprucing up the nightly gathering by making it a little more formal and replenishing food more often would be appreciated. I stayed at another hotel that had board games in the gathering area and this was a fun option. There is a lot of potential to step it up a little and really shine, but overall a nice stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Justin B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear Watermelon3545,

Thank you for the kind review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us! Your feedback will allow us to greatly improve on the levels of service we provide. Thank you so much for choosing us, and we hope to see you again soon!