“5 Star restaurant in a 5 Star hotel”

Six.One.Six Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 992 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The JW Marriott signature restaurant, six.one.six, and destination lounge, mixology, offer the breathtaking blend of sophisticated urban ambience, palate-pleasing cuisine, as well as the finest wines and perfectly poured cocktails.Also a feast for the eyes, warm woods, custom lighting, and modern décor help create the perfect setting for a dinner party with friends or business partners. Care to experience our creative cuisine alfresco? We extend an invitation to dine at jdek, our vivacious outdoor patio. But more than just a "pretty face," six.one.six. takes its cuisine seriously. Dedicated to the concept of buying local, the chef's pantry is bursting with locally grown ingredients, some of which are picked just a few feet away at the JW Chef's Garden. The six.one.six. kitchen also participates in Sort, a recycling and composting program coordinated with Zeeland-headquartered Spurt Industries, which helps turn food scraps into top-quality soil for area parks.
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Just exactly what you would expect in this luxurious hotel. Sampled the escargot, truffle fries, filet and the lamb chops. All were perfectly cooked and served.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

My business colleagues and I went to this restaurant while staying at the JW. I really enjoyed the lamb chops and I was very impressed with how the staff dealt with my food allergies. I highly recommend the pulled pork flat bread. I ordered that a couple of time during my stay. The beer and wine selection was good.

Reviewed October 13, 2016

The 616 has the best brunch in GR in my opinion and the atmosphere is very clean and fancy. Chef Elvis makes the best Omelettes to your liking and has worked here for years. Great place, great food.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

we ate here a few times while staying in the hotel. The breakfast bar (buffet) is good for someone with a large appetite. There are few places within walking distance to get a cheaper breakfast, unless you just want to go to Starbucks or Panera for a bagel and coffee. In the evening, they have a bar snack menu as well as a full restaurant menu. I've had the flatbread, and also the romaine salad with grilled chicken. Both were enjoyable.

Tracy356, Manager at Six.One.Six Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Dear Carno,

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food at our onsite restaurant, six.one.six. In addition to our a la carte menu, our breakfast buffet offers a variety of choices like a homemade yogurt bar, oatmeal station, made-to-order omelets, pastries, charcuterie platter and more that is sure to satisfy any size appetite. We hope you were able to enjoy the scenic views of the Grand River during your meals and hope you’ll come back to visit us again soon.

At your service,
Tracy

Reviewed September 28, 2016

In Grand Rapids for the night, heard Mixology offered Farm to Table fare. Found a couple of open seats at the bar and settled in. While Bar Food is on the menu, we opted for the dinner portions. Our meals were creative and well constructed but a little on the pricey side. Guess that goes with the territory (JW Marriott).

I ordered the Tofu dish, beautifully prepared flavorful Vegetarian dish at about $25.00. My traveling companion had the double cut pork chop at about $34.00. It looked wonderful but the Tofu beat it for flavor hands down (sorry all you carnivores!!)

Great cocktail concoctions, a nice selection of local beers, an espresso bar, perfect for a reasonably priced and well prepared desert. Check out the pics. That's worth the price of admission.

1  Thank ScottD58