“Great service and better menu than expected at a hotel!”

Six.One.Six Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 963 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The JW Marriott signature restaurant, six.one.six, and destination lounge, mixology, offer the breathtaking blend of sophisticated urban ambience, palate-pleasing cuisine, as well as the finest wines and perfectly poured cocktails.Also a feast for the eyes, warm woods, custom lighting, and modern décor help create the perfect setting for a dinner party with friends or business partners. Care to experience our creative cuisine alfresco? We extend an invitation to dine at jdek, our vivacious outdoor patio. But more than just a "pretty face," six.one.six. takes its cuisine seriously. Dedicated to the concept of buying local, the chef's pantry is bursting with locally grown ingredients, some of which are picked just a few feet away at the JW Chef's Garden. The six.one.six. kitchen also participates in Sort, a recycling and composting program coordinated with Zeeland-headquartered Spurt Industries, which helps turn food scraps into top-quality soil for area parks.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were very impressed with the locovore menu and the outstanding service we encountered here. The chef is very creative; The "lovely soup" was a curry vegetable soup...very good. We also enjoyed the kale salad, which our waiter recommended as very light (it was). The wine list is plenty extensive and has some quality selections. Great contemporary atmosphere.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The decoration in the place is pretty cool and the lounge area is fun. The cocktail list is also great.
The food was okay and not worth the price. The california sushi roll tasted like the crab was not high quality, the salads were the best part of the meal. The waiter was a little rude but was prompt in his service.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Every time I go to six one six it is a great experience whether for lunch, dinner, or a quick drink after work. On Christmas Day our entire family of 27 people had Christmas brunch there. The food was amazingly prepared and well thought out. I highly recommend!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've eaten here 4 times for dinner. The food is typically quite good and though moderately expensive, probably less pretentious than the Chop House as well as a better value. Creative menu. One complaint is sparce servings and overall disappointing Chef's Table on Valentine Day's meal.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A local of Grand Rapids for 6 years now, I decided to try six one six during Grand Rapids' restaurant week when I could actually afford to eat here. I am so glad that I tried it!

Six one six specializes in foods that are prepared with seasonal and local ingredients, and you can definitely taste the difference. The bread they served with dinner was easily some of the most delicious bread I have ever had. The tomato soup was zesty and delicious. Even my fiance enjoyed the soup, and he doesn't like tomatoes! Everything I tasted was delightful.

The service was what you would expect for a restaurant of this price point.