“Slow Down”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Slow Down”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice steakhouse with really good food. Our server was very nice (as was the entire staff) but it was obvious she wanted to turn our table quickly. I don't like feeling rushed, but that isn't too big a deal. The shrimp and lobster chowder is great and I've never had a bad steak.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“One of our favorite places to eat... Wonderful steak”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We eat about once a month and have had nothing but positive experiences every time. The hostess, servers, and management has always been extremely friendly and helpful. The bread that they bring out before your meal is very very good. I always order steak and it's always perfectly cooked and very tender. I recommend that if you go there for lunch, you get the dinner sized portion meal because if you don't, you will pay a large up charge for a salad. On the lunch menu, you only get one side but on the dinner menu get 2. It seems to come out much cheaper by ordering the dinner portion instead of adding a salad. My husband orders the chicken with a portobello mushroom and he loves it. He has rarely tried anything else because this is one of his favorites. One time, he did try the salmon and loved that too.. It was perfectly cooked and very tasty. They have a stuffed mushroom appetizer that we always get when we come with the whole family. It gets eaten very quickly and everyone seems to love it. Pop refills are very important to my husband and they always seem to keep up with him every time we have visited. I have recommended this restaurant to several friends and have heard nothing but positive feedback from all who have visited.

• Visited December 2012
Guelph, Ontario
“Very Good Steak Dinner”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

On Oct 19, 2012 my partner and I went to the Long Horn for dinner. We ordered a couple of steaks that came with a choice of salad and all the bread that you wanted. The steaks were cooked to perfection and we both enjoyed our dinner. Service was very good and the atmosphere is excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.

• Visited October 2012
Belmont, Michigan, United States
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We rarely eat at chain restaurants but I had a $40 gift card and could use it at Olive Garden, Red Lobster or here. We have a Rio Grand near our house so it was a bit of a drive to try Longhorn but I am so glad we did! We ordered the porterhouse for 2 - it was cooked perfectly, medium rare, charred slightly and very tender. The salads were cold and crisp, not as good as Rio's but good. The honey wheat bread was very flavorful, and my husband doesn't typically eat wheat bread - he liked it a lot. The sweet potato was better than most - not overbrowned, very fluffy, I ate it all. We brought some of the steak home because it was huge. The decor was nice - a little more upscale than a Logan's or Texas Roadhouse. The floors were carpeted, no peanuts all over the floor which I think is an accident waiting to happen in those other steakhouses. This was closer to a fine dining restaurant - I will definitely come back - service was excellent as well. I have changed my mind about chains - they're not all bad! Oh, and one more thing. I despise restaurants that have loud music playing and thankfully this was not the case here - it was a relaxing dinner.

• Visited October 2012
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Great Lunch Specials”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Their lunch specials are good and reasonably priced. Was seated at bar table so service a bit slow but server very friendly and met my needs once took order.
If you haven't been for lunch, give them a try.

Visited September 2012