“Love it!!”

Ranked #428 of 955 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My family is constantly going to Grand Rapids every couple months, and this is a must! We absoutly love it. Wait times are really bad on weekend breakfast times, so there's usually some time to kill. This one is smaller inside then the one on Michigan street, but the parking is better (it's in a strip mall.) Coffee comes in a big carafae, so you can refill it when you need it. The omelettes are delish-vegetables are crisp, eggs are light and fluffy, and they average about 3 inches thick. But the strawberry jam is hands down the best thing there. We always get food to go (they sell homemade cinnamon rolls, breads and muffins when you walk in), and a container of jam is always going home with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here late morning on a Sunday. We were seated right away. Our server was ok, not outstanding. We had to ask for silverware. My salad was ok, but nothing I would go back to have again. French toast also was so-so. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. Baked goods in the front case looked yummy, but I am gluten free, so didn't try them.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

DON'T go here for breakfast. You have better luck eating something better tasting at the gas station down the street.Ordered an omlet and it was the work omlet ever. They obviously just took some Kraft Singles and laid them across the top of my omlet. I wouldn't recommend going here.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I've had both breakfast and lunch at The Omelette Shoppe. The food is good, the atmosphere comfortable and casual. Our waitress for lunch today was attentive but not pushy. This is a good place to eat.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I absolutely love the Omlette Shoppe. However, this location has the worst service I have received in a long time. I would have ranked it next to a visit to Denny's. We went on a Sunday morning and there was more people waiting to be seated then were eating breakfast. You could not hear your name once it was called making everyone confused on who was next. I understand seating is not just first come first serve when you have a packed restaurant. You have to seat also by whats available for each party. However, we had been waiting for about fifteen minutes and a group of about 6-8 people came in and registered with the hostess. We all waited another 5-7 minutes and they were seated before us. Frustrated, I asked the hostess if we were skipped and she told me I was next. I am not sure what her definition of next is because 3 more groups varying is size were seated before us. The food was not on par for what other Omelette Shoppes can offer taste wise. Our waitress was decent. I will not be visiting this location again.