“Worst location I have been to”
Review of Omelette Shoppe

Omelette Shoppe
Ranked #453 of 974 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I absolutely love the Omlette Shoppe. However, this location has the worst service I have received in a long time. I would have ranked it next to a visit to Denny's. We went on a Sunday morning and there was more people waiting to be seated then were eating breakfast. You could not hear your name once it was called making everyone confused on who was next. I understand seating is not just first come first serve when you have a packed restaurant. You have to seat also by whats available for each party. However, we had been waiting for about fifteen minutes and a group of about 6-8 people came in and registered with the hostess. We all waited another 5-7 minutes and they were seated before us. Frustrated, I asked the hostess if we were skipped and she told me I was next. I am not sure what her definition of next is because 3 more groups varying is size were seated before us. The food was not on par for what other Omelette Shoppes can offer taste wise. Our waitress was decent. I will not be visiting this location again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food was good, but for the price I was expecting larger portions. The place we normally go you get twice the amount of food. But I guess they are practicing portion control for their guests. Full pot of coffee when you order a cup. All of the food was good. They also give the children a package of animal crackers to keep them entertained.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The veggie breakfast skillet featured a melange of frozen, microwaved veggies with two slightly overlooked eggs. A few sliced potatoes actually appeared cooked to order. Coffee, weak, and no whole milk or half-and-half available. This place seems to be loved by lots of folks. I suppose standards aren't all that high in this neck of the woods.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Omelette Shoppe is easily my favorite place to get breakfast in Grand Rapids, hands down. I've tried several of the omelettes, and they have all been delicious. The cinnamon raisin bread is completely divine. It is rich and flavorful.

The atmosphere is very cute and pleasant. I enjoy walking around the small mall and watching the koi while waiting for a table. The wait never seems to be longer than 15 minutes, which I appreciate in the morning when I am hungry.

The service is always pleasant and fast. I have never had an issue with any of the staff.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Both the great service and the tastey breakfast really hit the spot. The early morning staff is the best.