“DOES NOT TAKE AMEX - DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Marado Sushi - CLOSED

Marado Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
avon lake, ohio
“DOES NOT TAKE AMEX - DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

After a long day at work on my business trip to Grand Rapids I stopped in at Marado Sushi. I asked the greeter specifically, "do you take American Express"? She replied, "Yes". I was then seated. After ordering Dinner and reading my iPAD I asked the waitress for the check, she was prompt. Then she returns to collect the check and tells me they do not take AMEX. The lady who I believe is the owners wife refused to come and talk to me after asking for her 3 times to ask her why she told me that they accepted AMEX. THE POINT IS: I was on business and I had to pay by AMEX. If I was told they did not accept it I would have turned around and went elsewhere.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: The service was slow, portions were tiny and the salad was a joke.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank danel_oh

Oakville, Canada
“Good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went on a Sunday, which was probably why the restaurant was almost empty save a table.
We were immediately greeted and the service was prompt.
Ordering was easy and the waiter was knowledgeable with regards to the items on the menu.
Prices were reasonable.
We chose the restaurant even though it was out of the way for us as the reviews on tripadvisor were mostly good.
But I have to say that while the service was good and sincere, I found that the food was just average. It was a typical sushi place with average standard of food. We ordered unagi, but the eel was hardly visible. The soup was too salty, and not clear.

I am not sure why the previous reviewers gush so much about the food here, they should probably try out more sushi in other places before declaring this is the best sushi in town.

I know taste is subjective, but to those like me who do not mind going out of the way for the 'best', my suggestion is to try other sushi places in search for the best as this is definitely not the best sushi in my humble opinion.

• Visited July 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, United States
“Classic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is my typical embodiment of a really good sushi place. Clean atmosphere, standard size rolls that actually fit in your mouth, and a classic menu. We had a nigiri plate (served in pairs, so it didn't have as much variety as elsewhere). and a few rolls. Everything was very good. I think we had the star roll, which was fried. It was heavenly, and reason enough to return. Everything was very well priced, also.

• Visited June 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best sushi in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have loved every dish I've ordered. My favorites are the eel hand roll and the caterpillar roll. The soup is very tasty, as well as the light and refreshing salad. The prices are a little on the high side, but I'm not surprised since it's downtown.

Visited September 2012
“Will go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Such a welcoming atmosphere, helpful staff, and amazingly fresh sushi. Our spicy tuna, spicy crab, red snapper and soft shell crab were delicious and we will definitely be back to try more!