“True Jamaica!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamaican Dave's

Jamaican Dave's
Ranked #401 of 916 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“True Jamaica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Dave is as Jamaican as I am in love with hs food! I love this place and everyone should try this. Also dave is super nice and will tell you the secret to his jerk

Visited November 2012

Lansing, Michigan
“get there early ..u wont be diappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

like the prior reviewer, we got to the spot an hour before closing. They only had two dishes left. we had the curry chicken and rice and the stew chicken with rice. i would have liked to try different dishes but these were just fine. J.Daves is in the back but that didnt matter to us. i loved the food and will be back earlier to try other specialties.

Visited March 2012
“Good food if you can get it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stopped in for dinner, approximately two hours before closing. They were "all out" of the first five meals we requested, and our choices ended up being very limited and not at all what we had actually planned on. That said, the food was good and plentiful. Maybe it's a better spot for lunch?

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“What they lack in ambiance they make up for in good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

A typical hole in the wall, poor location (tucked at the end of a strip mall), cheap furnishings (Bob Marley posters and tourism posters), and our food was served in Styrofoam take out boxes with plastic utensils.

I am not an expert on Jamaican food, but I thought it was very good. I ordered the Jerked Chicken I thought it was very good. I also tried the curried chicken it was also very good.

All-in-all I enjoyed the whole experience especially the food. Though I kind of like the hole in the wall feel

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
“Delicious food in a mediocre location- worth seeking out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

Jamaican Dave's is a tiny place at the end of a strip mall on Wealthy that you probably wouldn't notice in passing, but the food is worth seeking out. Dave is a nice guy and hangs out in front of the restaurant on nice days when business is slow. The curried goat is excellent- well-spiced and very tender. The portions are generous; a meal will get you an ample helping of meat, red beans and rice, a piece of fry bread, and two small sides of plantains and coleslaw.

The restaurant is very small, with a front counter and two booths that seem more for waiting than sitting down to eat. When I have gotten food there I have always received it take-out style. However, what it lacks in sit-down table service is certainly made up for by the flavor of the food and Dave's friendly demeanor.

• 2 of 5 bubbles