“Pizza good ~ Spaghetti TERRIBLE”
Review of Vitale's Pizza

Vitale's Pizza
Ranked #354 of 950 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The pizza was quite good. You never know when you order from a place you're unfamiliar with. We enjoyed it and would order it again.

We also ordered spaghetti, and it was the absolute worst tasting spaghetti we've EVER had! Avoid!

There are newer reviews for Vitale's Pizza

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was my first visit and a wise one - Wednesday night's 1/2 price house wine night. I took advantage with a glass of Pinot Grigio, which went well with my Wednesday night special entree - Shrimp Scampi with an included dinner salad and a side of fetuccine alfredo. The house salad with raspberry vinagrette was properly chilled and crisp, though a little light on the tomatoes. The Shrimp Scampi arrived in a ceramic boat dish with 6 to 8 tail on Jumbo Shrimp in a savory broth that contained diced tomato, green beans and romano cheese. Regrettably, the jumbo shrimp were either overcooker or past their freshness date as they were quite tough to chew up. The same could be said for the green beans, which tended to very chewy and even slightly "woody" in texture. The side of fetuccine alfredo featured noodles that were cooked close to al dente but the sauce was virtually flavorless - more of a butter sauce less of an alfredo. My expectations were substantially higher given the restaurants reviews but consdering the value priced entree with salad and side and the 1/2 price wine, I paid according to what I received.

2  Thank SkiKingMKE
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I am living outside the state of Michigan and I planned a bridal shower for a friend in Grands Rapids.

Belinda at Vitales Restaurant was fantastic to work with and I trusted her and her team completely with our plans made over the phone. They even made a special menu card with the bride's name on it. They don't even charge extra for the private room or any of these services!

Everything went off without a hitch and everyone enjoyed the traditional Italian. The private room was perfect and pricing was excellent.

We chose a few menu items that were all around $11, but we could have done a pizza buffet with dessert for only $13 per person. I'll certainly use them again for other events in Grand Rapids!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Throw back to the 50's decor, classic, and dark... Every dish we ordered was enormous: chicken, eggplant, salad. All were delicious. But the real star of our meal is their pizza. Great sauce and fresh toppings, can say enough about the taste. Our waitress was surprised that it was our first visit. She said they have been around for years.

2  Thank ProSpotter
Reviewed March 19, 2011

In the restaurant, yes, the pizza is good, very good. But so is the the regular Italian fare. Nice selection, good service, reasonable price. Forget the suburban locations. Make the drive to Leonard St.