“Comedy show almost worth going,”

Judson's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Judson's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 966 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fulton
Description: Established in 1903 Judson's is the recipient of numerous awards as Grand Rapid's number one steakhouse and the accolades are well deserved. Featuring a delicious grass fed beef selection, Judson's Steakhouse puts a high premium on local, quality, and variety. Come experience our Premium Cuts with favorites such as our Tomahawk Ribeye or USDA Grade Prime New York Strip Steak. There are options abound for all tastes, with an ample selection of seafood, chops and house specialties. Enjoy a perfectly paired glass of wine from our award-winning wine cellar. The room is tastefully upscale, while retaining a classically comfortable charm. Our guests are encouraged to come casual, relax and let our competent service staff focus on the job of impressing.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The service is horrible, the atmosphere is a bunch of kids trying to hookup. The comedy show is usually a good time and almost worth walking in the door. The staff is not knowledgable and the really don't care. Don't go if you are over 23!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Didnt go here for food per se but went for evening drinks and copious amounts of pool, fun place to be although at the time of year I was there (and it being odd time of week) it was somewhat quiet.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Enjoyed our engagement weekend staying in Grand Rapids at the Amway and were lucky to be there during restaurant week. We were able to get reservations at one of the BOB restaurants as well as for the Comedy show. We cant wait to go back for our anniversary. Nice to have this attached via sky walk in the winter to area hotels etc

Reviewed August 13, 2012

While visiting Grand Rapids Michigan we went to The Bob.(Second floor)..My daughter has severe gluten allergies and we saw that they had some gluten free options so we gave it a try!! They were very accommodating and helpful and most importantly everything she ate agreed with her!! The tiniest bit of gluten makes her very ill so the fact that she did not have any reaction rates them and A+ in my book! The food was excellent and the service was outstanding! I would recommend this restaurant highly!! Great beer too for those without the gluten allergy!!

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Was in town from Virginia seeing a friend with my wife and we made reservations for 5 in the steakhouse. Our server was outstanding, I wish there was a rating above excellent! One of our party ordered a coke and they only had pepsi products, he jokingly asked if he could give her a couple bucks to run down the street and get one but agreed to the Pepsi. About 15 minutes later she came back with a fresh glass of ice and a can of Coke! Above and beyond service but she said she had been there for about 15 years and her husband also worked there and was serving that night. When a restaurant can hold onto a server that good for that long you know they are doing something right.
She had also heard I was a chef and asked me to come with her because she wanted to show me something. She led me back into the kitchen and intoduced me to the chef and showed me the kitchen that the steakhouse shares with the seafood restaurant on the same floor, then led me downstairs to all the lower kitchens and coolers where everything was impressively clean and organized finishing with a tour of their in-house micro brewery. I stayed and chatted with the brewmaster for some time where he told me about the partnership of creativity between him and the chefs where innovation is not only encouraged but required. I found my way back upstairs and our entrees were brought out immediately.
I had the delmonico medium rare which was a shade under-cooked as was another ribeye ordered at the table. It comes a la carte but had a couple heirloom baby purple carrots on the plate for garnish. The two filets ordered were cooked perfectly though and the smashed potatoes were some of the best I have ever had, their house steak sauce was delicious as well. The creme brulee was like eating Christmas in July and the Macaroon dessert with meringue was indredible! We liked our experience so much my wife and I stayed at the B.O.B. and went downstairs to the bar to try some beers.
I had three of the selections out of the about 10 beers on draft that were brewed right behind the bar we were sitting at, all were good. Our bartender was courteous and attentive while making service drinks as well. The brewmaster came and talked with us for a bit and gace us some stickers for Grand Rapids Brew City. Overall I'm not sure if I have had a better time at an establishment, great job by the owners and staff!