“Love it here!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

friendly staff, free wifi, very clean an interesting interior, decent variety on the menu, and very tasty food. The dish I ordered wasn't that great. It was very simple and plain and dry. It was a sandwich of some sort I don't remember. But my husband's reubin was absolutely fantastic and I stole half of it. We go there for their deep fried cheesecake. I've never had that or anything like it until now. Words cannot describe the deliciousness of this dish. You must try the deep fried cheesecake with ice cream!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

While staying at the Amyway Grand in Grand Rapids, I have eaten lunch at this restaurant many times. It has always been great. Both the food and service have always the best. They always seem friendly as you are greeted at the door.

It seems a little more upscale, you see a lot of suits and ties there at lunch and dinner. They have an upper level in the back. A long bar downstairs with tables.

They have a good selection on their menu. I especially like that you can always get fruit instead of fries with the sandwiches.

Myself, and two others stopped in for drinks the other night. Our waitress was Haley S. As always there, she was nice, friendly, and made our visit there very enjoyable. She and the other waitresses are an asset there.

NOTE: If you are staying at the Amyway Grand, go out the doors by Ruth's Chris Steak House and it is right across the street. You will enjoy it.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not that familiar with downtown Grand Rapids or the restaurants there. So when friends called and said to meet them here it took me a while to find. But once I did, I was very pleased. We were seated right away and the waitress brought coffee. Half a sandwich, soup and coffee certainly wouldn't break any budget. And back to work on time. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have dined here a few times in the past several years. The atmosphere and service are good. Unlike some Grand Rapids restaurants, it does not pretend to be more than it is I had the shashimi tuna which was seared as I like it, but was a bit cool when it arrived at the table. The accompanying rice and broccoli were fine, but nothing special. My husband really enjoyed the chicken and smoked gouda pasta. Generous serving sizes for our drinks were appreciated. The service was very fast.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very surprised how poor the service was. The calamari was heavily fried just nothing worth making you stay passed the starter. Might take for a business lunch but not for a first impression.