“Lunch was great!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stopped for lunch while visiting our daughter at Calvin College (this place is just a short drive 3-5 minutes). Friendly staff, great sushi and Japanese lunch entrees. Excellent food at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm from Detroit who eats sushi regularly and when I'm doing business or visiting GR I make it a point to have my sushi fix at Mikado. I would have lunch and dinner at Mikado's when I stayed over night for business and have business associates in Japan that look forward to going there. I recommend the wasabi tobiko for a very hot experience. I would put this place at the same level as Noble Fish in Clawson where I have eaten over a thousand times. It's all about the sushi.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice atmosphere and the sushi is awesome! They make the best spicy mayo ever. High quality ingredients (which is very important if you're eating raw fish!).

Reviewed September 1, 2012

When you walk in the door, everyone says "Hello".

My wife and I shared the Bento B-2 and the Large Shrimp appetizer #10. Excellant flavor and skilled preparation, very fast!

The restaurant interior is nothing special, but the food is good enough that the surroundings don't really matter. If you want a nicer interior (with prices a little higher), I'd also recommend Sushi Kuni (not too far away). This place seems a little more "authentic".

Easy to find in a strip-mall, right off 28th Street (North side).

1  Thank flintjarvis
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My favorite sushi is at Mikado. Always fresh and good, staff is friendly and attentive. Great spot although the decor could use some help.