“Great soups and salads under Chihuly sculptures”

Taste Of The Gardens Cafe
Ranked #218 of 1,059 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed February 3, 2019

The cafe produces from scratch soups on a daily basis. They are flavorful and a welcome lunch under the colorful glass bouquets created by Chihuly. Salads and sandwiches are also usually tasty.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed December 13, 2018

Cafeteria style restaurant in Meijer Gardens. Food is average to good, soup, salads and sandwiches mostly. Good place for lunch during a visit to the Gardens.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

I didn't expect I would find healthy choice here, But I like the sandwich I ordered. They're fresh and tasty. The setting of this cafe was wonderful with fresh flowers and display arts.We felt we're seating in the garden. It's true to the name!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

I used to meet friends here for lunch-food is good, comfortable, easy to converse. However the entrance has been moved quite a bit further from the parking lot, a long walk for a senior. It is unlikely I will come here again for that reason.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We ate our lunch there when arriving at the gardens before buying tickets for our visit. The soup of the day was Bean and Beacon or Chicken Minestrone. We picked the bean soup and it was too salty, so we replaced with the Minestrone and that turned out to be almost the same. About the sandwich choice, I got Chickpea Naan and I liked every bite of it. The Meijer Garden Chicken Salads also did not disappoint. We also ordered the Buddha bowl, and my in-laws liked the sesame ginger dressing but the grilled chicken was on the dry side. They serve dinner every Tuesday when the gardens open till 9PM. Overall I would recommend to try their sandwiches but consider skipping the soup.

Date of visit: July 2018