“Great Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rose's on Reeds Lake

Rose's on Reeds Lake
Ranked #15 of 916 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rose's trancendently combines many individually unique facets to create a richly complete dining experience. Whether it's the storied history of the location, the beautiful lakeside location, the gorgeous new three season deck, our fiercely loyal customers or the award quality food, Rose's speaks to almost anyone on some emotional level. The menu draws its inspiration from a multitude of influences including Mediterranean, Italian, and Casual American. The air of community and contentment is present abound, as you'll lazily gaze upon sail boats and picnickers in the park as you enjoy the best food and atmosphere Grand Rapids has to offer. Don't miss out on the magic that is Rose's.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went here for my sister-in-law's birthday. They were very, very busy, and we waited much longer than the hostess had estimated. However, they were aware of that and had a comped appetizer waiting for us at the table when we were sat, which more than made up for the extra wait time. The service was fantastic, and the food was even better! I had the Marconi and cheese, and it was without a doubt the best I have ever had! My fiance ordered the key lime pie for dessert, and it was unbelievable. Once again, best ever! I cannot wait to go back! I wish I could rate it higher than a 5!

• Visited September 2012

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Rose's is an institution in East Grand Rapids. The food is good, but the wait a bit much and I think most really go for the view, as it sits right on Reeds Lake. Summer with outdoor seating is wonderful. The prices are a bit high, but that is to be expected for a place that sits on the lake. Decor is wonderful and great photographs on the walls. Afterwards take a stroll at the park next door.

• Visited October 2012
Guelph, Ontario
“Enjoyed my Chicken Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

On Oct 20.2012 my partner and I went out for dinner at Rose's. After a wait of 30 minutes we were shown to our table. One of the servers was nice enough to bring us a glass of wine while we waited and reviewed the menu. I ordered the chicken dinner and my partner ordered the ruben. I found my dish excellent and really enjoyed it. However my partner did not like her sandwich. I also enjoyed the key lime dessert. The restaurant does not include a salad and I find the price very high for a starter salad, almost $5. Lots of people rave about the restaurant,how ever I think people may like the view of lake more then the food. The pasta choices is very limited. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very good. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.

• Visited October 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I don't really see the appeal of this place, it is always swamped, especially on nice days. I guess it's nice to overlook the lake while you eat, but there are so many other great restaurants in the area. I would try something else.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dan S
Grand Rapids, MI
“Nice setting, BUSY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Food is good, setting way above average, lines way above average, too. We'll go, but only for breakfast or late lunch.

1 Thank ealistello