“best corned beef sandwich I ever had!”
Review of The Green Well

The Green Well
Ranked #2 of 939 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We serve honest fayre with local flair in a green, neighborhood setting that keeps customers coming back. Our innovative gastro pub is green beyond its name: Our building is LEED(R) certified inside and out which means it's environmentally safe, ultra efficient and leaves behind the smallest possible carbon footprint.
Wyoming, Michigan, United States
“best corned beef sandwich I ever had!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our daughter (13) picked The Green Well based on the pic of the mac and cheese and loved it! My husband had a simple ham and Swiss cheese with an egg that he enjoyed, too. Lots of choices to choose from but when we go back I don't think I could be swayed to order anything else but the corned beef sandwich! PIMENTO Cheese!- Wonderful!!!!! The service was friendly and attentive. The menu prices seem a little pricey - until you eat and then it is well worth it.

• Visited July 2013

Weatherford, Texas
“Business lunch, done well!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Green Well is, if anything, predictably good. Good atmosphere, good service, good food. If your looking for a quiet, private place for a stiff business meeting, the Green Well isn't it. HOWEVER, If your looking for a hip, well managed place to eat, share, feel, build relationships, then this is it. In as far as food recommendations are concerned, choose whatever you like, because I'd expect that you're going to like what you choose. I'm a BIG FAN of the fried baloney sandwich, when available, but in the event it's not, I often choose something I've never tried before. Mid the weather is pleasant, sit outside and enjoy the ambiance that is Cherry st, Grand Rapids.

• Visited June 2013
Marne, Michigan
“Great unique dishes”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We live in GR so we have been to the Green Well several times. We have NEVER had a bad or boring meal. They have had a new menu every time we go in, but usually have a few yummy favorites. They strive for the farm-to-table type menu, so most of the food & beverages are local or MI harvested. They even list which farms they use. Some of our favorites have been their potstickers, duck, brisket, & even gourmet loaded mac & cheese. This restaurant is so comfortable you could have a family dinner, just friends, or even a romantic dinner for two. In the summer you can also enjoy outside dining.

• Visited March 2013
“Delicious food and cheap PBR”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious, beyond our expectations. Highly recommend the Michigan Turkey sandwich and the Harvest Salad. Yum! Seating outside is very nice really beautiful garden next door. Service could have been a bit more attentive but maybe the server was just having a day.... Will visit again when we come back to Grand Rapids. Interesting corridor with other restaurants and shops nearby.

Visited June 2013
grosse pointe michigan
“East Grand Rapids Gem”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food and atmosphere at The Green Well was excellent. This was our family's first time to this lovely spot, but it won't be our last. The tomato basil soup was very flavorful. My husband had the black bean stew and he raved about the taste. My daughter and I split the cheese platter and we really enjoyed the cheese selections. Our son and daughter-in-law had been to the restaurant before. Our son again went for the fish tacos and he said they were some of the best! Wish we had saved room for dessert. Maybe on our next visit.

• Visited June 2013