“Solid Food & Great Bakery/Deli”

Marie Catrib's of Grand Rapids
Ranked #1 of 975 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my son and his friend. We each had sandwiches with some seasoned potatoes as a shared side. Delicious sandwiches and also liked the homemade pickles! Dessert, provided to us gratis from the bakery/deli, was a gluten free chocolate cake, which was also delicious. Highly recommend if you are in GR and want something different.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I should have written this months ago but just getting around to it. I have been to this restaurant three times. The experience is always fun. The food is always very good, and ohhhh the chocolate pudding. Last time we were there we waited for about a half an hour. I didn't think it was too long, but when it came time to pay our bill the owner had comped our food cause of the wait. I have never had an experience like this. I would rate this place a 5 anyway but treatment like that is just not done anymore. THank you Marie Catrib's for you're staff wonderful food, and all you do for Grand Rapids. LOVE YA

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have to say Trip Advisor scored another hit with this restaurant in Grand Rapids! As this would be a first time trip to this city we wanted to experience a good restaurant and went thru the various reviews. At first, we wondered whether a restaurant with "traditional" items such as sandwiches could be the # 1 spot over 700+ other restaurants.
My wife ordered the roast beef sandwich based on previous reviews and I tasted it as well. Incredible! Very tender! We have never had a roast beef sandwich like that before.

The place was packed as expected. The atmosphere was very positive and we had a very good waiter. I had the shoarma - another great dish.. We shared the trio of dips which were very fresh, very delicious. The final selection was the seasoned potatoes - exceptionally good. Needless to say, we could not finish everything and had some very tasty leftovers for the next day - the potatoes tasted just as good.

The following day, we took out another roast beef sandwich from the deli and, again, awesome! Also enjoyed Marie Catrib's coffee which is of exceptional quality.

In a nutshell: fresh, very tasty, reasonable prices, great atmosphere. A+++

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I travel all over the state for work and this place had amazing food! Best roast beef sandwich I've ever had. The service was great also. I will be back and am looking forward to trying some of the other menu items.

1  Thank DaveKn
Reviewed February 3, 2014

MY FAVORITE new place and sad to say it's an hour from my home. With amazing dishes for both vegetarians, vegans and carnivores you really can't go wrong here. I had an amazing Fish Taco platter here that exceeds by far any fish taco I have had anywhere.
The small quaint restaruant is pretty packed most of the time, but there IS a deli side with many ready to go items for take out, super yummy baked goods and coffee.
I LOVE this place!
The kids food left a little to be desired - it's not as kid friendly as it appears as they add a lot of foodie touches to the food. Also - it's very busy and if there's a wait there isn't much room to wait in as well as a wait for food. Unless you have very mature kids with mature tastes and lots of patience, it's not somewhere I'd look forward to bringing my elementary aged daughters to.