“Yesterday is a dive with good food”
Review of Yesterdog

Yesterdog
Ranked #40 of 991 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My sister was in the hospital near by. She knew we were close to Yesterdogs. Even though every visit was during a blizzard, I stopped at Yesterdog and picked up 3 Ultra dogs, hold the onion. It got my sister through her therapy, she called em' pain pills...
Yes, Yesterdog is in an old part of East Town. No, its not the fancy pants restaurant. Its way better than a Big Mac! They serve chicken noodle soup in the winter. You can get dogs anyway you want them. Ultras are the best. Who doesn't like a good chili cheese dog that drips down your chin?

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Your typical hipster hog dog shop. Service sucks. I also feel like this place is a little dirty, but maybe it's just old.

1  Thank ITRVL4FUN
Reviewed March 16, 2013

First off, if you're looking for a fancypants class restaurant, this is not the place to go. In fact, this review isn't for you. Yesterdog is a laid back place to stuff your face with delicious hotdogs while you take in the atmosphere. The place is smattered with old signs, pictures, and customer photographs of world travels whilst donning Yesterdog t-shirts. If you're lucky, you might spot the NKOTB photo or photos of other celebrities who've stopped by for a dog or two.

Yesterdog has been one of my absolute favorite places to eat for well over 10 years, stemming back to the day my college roommate took me there for the first time in 1998. It's not fancy, it's just good. Oh, and you better learn the ordering nuances or else folks are going be cranky with you. They're not rude, they just have a system, so use it.

This particular trip, I deviated from my normal cheddardog and had an ultradog for the first time. It was amazing. It made me wonder why I've been eating cheddardogs for the last 14 years. It's like a taste explosion in your mouth. So good.

This is a great place to go with friends. I highly recommend it if you like affordable and tasty food (they only serve hotdogs, though, so beware if you don't eat them) in a fun, laid-back environment.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

From the outside, Yesterdog almost looks closed. It has a dark facade, but open the door on a weekend and you'll see that this delicious place is anything but closed.

From the moment you walk in, the atmosphere is somewhat organized chaos. I told the order-taker that I was a Yesterdog virgin and he gave me some quick suggestions, all the while other employees were squeezing past him with drinks, hot dogs, etc. The employees don't seem to mind dealing with multiple orders at once, but it does get very crowded at the counter. If you border on the indecisive, I would recommend what a previous review suggested: watch others and learn before ordering.

My two Ultradogs came with chili, cheese, onions, ketchup and mustard, and I added a drink for a total of $6 and some change. The result was nothing short of heaven. I'm not sure what made Yesterdog so special, but they serve up the best hot dogs I've ever had.

Visit the delightful Eastown neighborhood of Grand Rapids and enjoy a meal at this fantastic place. In addition to good dogs, Yesterdog also has an amazing display of old-time trinkets, signage and a lot of Coca-Cola memorabilia. Go for the atmosphere--and the dogs!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is fun,quirky and serves up a fabulous chili dog. Iy is ancient and you might get yelled at. The ordering and pick up process is a scary thing. Watch some regulars before you try to order.