“Customer”

Anna's House
Order Online
Ranked #22 of 1,059 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American, Diner
Description: Anna's House makes it our goal to provide all-natural, fresh, local, quality ingredients in every dish we serve. We pride ourselves on making unique dishes that many people have come to love and enjoy. We have an invested desire and passion to meet the dietary preferences of the community and have included in our menu: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan options to accommodate those lifestyles. As a part of this goal, we offer all-natural, chemical-free meats in all our dishes. We provide many house-made items that are made fresh and consistent every day.
Reviewed June 15, 2019

The first dish I ordered was the twilight French toast in which the substance was WAY TOO HEAVY and abusive to my body. My lifestyle is a light one that I practice catering to (I keep things very light) and so I am not at all in respect of those dishes. So I went another route with a vegan burger; however when I got back home an hour later I found myself STILL very hungry and having to cook something fulfilling myself. That was My experience.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Looked for a place to brunch in GR before we dropped off kids at airport. Extremely busy with at least a 45 minute wait. Pleasant waitress and extensive menu. Cute decor. I had breakfast lasagna, huge serving and tasty. Other selections in party were ok but not exceptional. Very fast service. Never ending coffee.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

I ordered the cinnamon toast which was good. The oatmeal came with brown sugar and raisins and was fine. I liked the pancakes. It's nice that you can order one for $4. Easiest to go in through the light at the mall versus off the east beltline. Decent coffee.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

The service is generally good as it was this time. You feel a little rushed bc the servers forget some of the little things, so you might get anxious.
I ordered the French toast combo, 2 slices of French toast, a lone Patty of sausage and over cooked over "easy" eggs.
Seemed like you should get 3 slices of bread not 2. The eggs were overdone, hard not easy.
The table wasn't clean upon sitting down.
I know people love this place, I do too, but to some degree they get ahead of themselves and forget the basics, like butter for the French toast. I don't know how many tables the servers run but it seems like it's too many when your meal is half gone before they check back esp with breakfast. Yaknow needing syrup or butter or whatever.
Oh and parking is always a problem.
But... I'm sure I'll be back....

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Anna's House serves primarily breakfast food and the menu is extensive with gluten free, vegan, vegetarian choices.
All of the dishes sound really great and it is hard to make a choice, however the two times I have eaten at Anna's I haven't been impressed by the food.
I had a green smoothie which tasted like watered down celery juice (and was very expensive for what it was) and the Breakfast Lasagna was less than memorable. The next time I went (this time to a different Anna's, I ordered something that sounded amazing and it was so unamazing that I cannot even remember what it was.
The first time I went no one in our group was super impressed with the food, but the second group I went with seemed to like their food. Perhaps I am just too picky, but I have eaten out enough to know that this is not stellar food served here.

Date of visit: March 2019