“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2019

I honestly don't know what else to say other than I love this place. The food is always excellent, it's a fun environment, and the staff is friendly. The price point is somewhere between mid-range and fine-dining. I have found that it is always worth it.
The Japanese Hibachi side is the phenomenal and never fails to impress the people that I take. If going to the Hibachi side plan to eat about 30 to 45 minutes after your reservation time. They cook everything in front of you and it's always fun to watch. 5 stars every single time.
I've only eaten at the Chinese side once and though it was good, it didn't 'wow' me the way the Hibachi side always does. The Chinese side I would rate 4 stars.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

I don't normally review a place that I only got take out in, because part of my review grade includes service and atmosphere. However this place was enough for me to need to review it.

I ordered Crab Rangoons and General Tso Chicken. I can say this about both of them, they tasted odd in different ways. The Rangoons tasted like rangoons just with a weird taste. The General Tso did not taste like any General Tso I've had before. It was not good at all. Plus the chicken quantity was lacking.

Overall a 2 star review. The only thing saving it from 1 star is benefit of the doubt since I didn't eat there. Would I order from there again? Never!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 747ChrisH747
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

KILLER EGG ROLLS all handmade. And delicious. Best around. Everything else is just ok. Overpriced. And the chefs are all kind of weird.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed February 22, 2018

We ate on the "Chinese" side. We wanted a quiet place to sit and have a good conversation with the four of us, and the setting was excellent for that. The food was good, including Happy Family, and Moo Shu Pork. But they brought out one entree and rice, then brought out two more about 5 minutes later. One of those was Happy Family, which was fun to watch in table-side preparation because it includes fire, but strangely it was prepared at a different table, then brought to us. After several more minutes I had to ask when my Moo Shu Pork would be coming. Then they finally brought it out. We wanted a leisurely dinner, and this was a good setting for that, but it would have been better if we had received all four entrees at about the same time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

Went here on a Sunday with my wife. The place was empty as they had just opened. We were seated and drinks taken fast. The chef who performed was new to Shanghai Ichiban but nevertheless he made our meal amazing with his flying food tricks onion volcanoes. I would definitely recommend. By the time we left the place was starting to get full.

Date of visit: October 2017