1,129 results
All reviews the concierge lounge eucalyptus steam room double shower river view beautiful hotel room service high floor self parking upscale hotel art prize business trip devos place convention center corner room downtown gr across the river front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked several rooms for a conference here.

Our room was the bed requested, clean, and check in was great. I don’t use daily housekeeping (take the points) and just usually grab towels from a maid servicing a nearby room. Unfortunately, I never saw one so I had to call for towels on a day I was running late. It took just under 30 min. to get them- too long. Female employee at checkout was not friendly and never asked how my stay was or thanked me for staying there.

Another room I booked came with a king bed when I had requested 2 queens as I had 2 employees sharing the room. I called early for the conference reservation specifically to guarantee 2 beds. I understand with a regular reservation bed type isn't guaranteed but when I called I was told there were blocked rooms for the conference with 2 beds. We do pay a lot for the conference and room requests should be marked as requested until the inventory runs out for the block. I talked with the front desk supervisor and she told me they were sold out on doubles so I asked for a price break to get a king room for 1 of the employees for our final night . She said she couldn’t go any lower than the conference rate. I am a SPG/Marriott member and she could’ve at least offered me points or free parking or something for the inconvenience. I mean I had an employee sleeping uncomfortably on a chaise lounger for 2 nights. What sets you above from other hotel groups - service. And you missed the mark here.

The food, lunch and dinner, was the best we’ve had at conferences. But the bar service was lacking. They shut down early at events and refused to serve drinks that were already purchased through our conference tickets.

Very friendly group of guys in valet. But take note- we drive a 2019 Ford F-250 and it sat parked in front of the hotel the whole time. We assume it was because it didn’t fit in the structure they use but no one actually told us why.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the JW Mariott for a short business trip. Pros of this hotel: spacious and quiet room, comfortable beds. Decent bar in the lobby. Great places to run from the hotel, great restaurants within walking distance. I'm taking off one star because on two separate occasions I called down for the valet bring my car out and found it key in, door open, engine running. without any staff in sight. So I hopped in and drove away, just as anyone else could have done with my car.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a conference here and it was excellent! Parking was quick, easy and across the entrance with skyway access to the hotel.

Fancy top notch decor and service.
Conference facilities were excellent, accommodating several hundred, and the dinner served was super delicious, and just the right size.

Classy and nice place

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
NorinaC12, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for choosing the JW for this visit! We love hearing about your amazing experience!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Great Location! Comfortable beds,Friendly staff, Lovely rooms! Highly recommend this Hotel. Had a girls weekend stay on conciere level. I will stay here again but next time with my husband! Little pricy but worth it!

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Traveled here to visit some friends. Rooms are nice and spacious, lobby is modern and interesting. Great central location too, right downtown with many restaurants and attractions located within walking distance.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NorinaC12, Director of Rooms at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Thank you so much for choosing the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids! We hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon!