1,078 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeeucalyptus steam roomseparate tubdouble showergreat hotelriver viewupscale hotelroom servicehigh floorself parkart prizevalet parkingbusiness tripdevos placecorner roomconvention centerfront desk staff
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

The JW Marriott has everything you need for a lovely getaway. Elegant without being pretentious, this hotel is 5 stars and then some.

Very clean rooms, knowledgeable friendly staff and the spa services were top notch.

Located in downtown GR with lots to do within walking distance.

Will stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2017

I was very impressed with the hotel, beautiful and walking distance to shopping, restaurants, etc. The rooms were beautiful and staff very accommodating. Very clean and quite. I would stay here again. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel centrally located in downtown GR. Many rooms offer nice views of the river and the many bridges. The room I had was very clean and modern. Parking is available in a parking garage with skywalk access. Parking cost is on the expensive side.

The concierge staff was very courteous and attentive. The lounge offers drinks and snacks all day and evening. The evening food offering was not that great compared to other Marriotts. Few choices and very small portions.

Fitness room offered many cardio options as well as free weights and machines.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

It was my birthday getaway for a night from my boyfriend who works extremely hard for his money and we truly felt like we did not get what we paid for. Breakfast was not included. We got charged for parking. I understand that it’s an upper class hotel yet I felt like no services were provided or that there was any satisfying amenities besides the fact the hotel is gorgeous. So if you’re a young couple looking for a good night away, this would not be the best place for that. Especially if money is tight and you wanna splurge.

Disclaimer: I’ve traveled around the world and went to hotels that were more luxurious or the equivalent to the JW Marriott and was wowed by the amazing services and amenities those hotels provided. So I definitely wasn’t wowed by the Marriott.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lindz333
Tracy356, Manager at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear lindz333-

First we'd like to wish you a happy birthday! We're honored that you chose to spend your getaway with us and by your compliments to the beauty of our hotel. We're sorry you did not feel the value for your stay. Our hotel is centrally located in downtown Grand Rapids right on the beautiful Grand River with amazing views of the city and easy access to downtown venues and restaurants. We host many signature parties as well as live entertainment on the weekends at Mixology. We feel we have a lot to offer, and if you're looking for something more personalized, we have many packages available to book such as our Gourmet Getaway, Love Package, Spa Escape, Shop 'Til You Drop and many others. We hope you'll try us again in the future.

At your service,
Tracy

Reviewed October 23, 2017

My husband and I stayed for one night on the 14th floor, King Room. Room was very clean, bed was comfortable and view of the river and GR were amazing!! We had great service, we were able to check in much earlier. We walked around GR in the afternoon and enjoyed cocktails on the J Deck. In the morning we took advantage of in room service, food was very good! We also went to the pool area to use the hot tub and steam room. Our room was next to the elevator and I wondered if we would hear it, but we were not bothered by it. Great black out shades as well! We slept so good... and I'm a light sleepr. No complaints at all. Hope to be back!! So many great restaruants that are walkable. Perfect for a night away.

Room Tip: We loved being high up for the views!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple