“Oh JW your my new favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Grand Rapids

JW Marriott Grand Rapids
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Michigan
“Oh JW your my new favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed on night to attend a concert at the Van Andel Arena and could not have been more satisfied. The location was perfect within walking distance to everything downtown, and only 5 minutes from the Arena. The staff was very nice and the Hotel was well appointed and had great views. I would not consider any other hotel when I visit Grand Rapids again.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms have amazing views of the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank firestalker
Elida O, Manager at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad that you got to enjoy our fabulous location in close proximity to the Van Andel Arena! When it rains or snows, I like to take advantage of the skywalk that the JW Marriott is connected to – it's super convenient. We appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Elida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed in one of the gorgeous Executive Suites. This is the nicest suite that I have ever stayed in! I especially liked the two work desks- one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The soaking tub was also nice and amazing. I also appreciated the rain shower head in the walk- in shower. The bed and pillows were very comfy. The service was also wonderful. I wanted to recognize Brian Behler, Elizabeth Bergsma, Kate Kleve, Stacee Gadea, Allison at the front desk, and Cleo in the concierge lounge for their wonderful hospitality. These staff members really made my visit to Grand Rapids memorable, and they are true exemplars of the JW experience. I am already planning on a return trip!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on high floors are nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jericho, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful , wonderful hotel !! Clean, modern with very accommodating staff. Can't say enough great things. Breakfast in restaurant 616 was great and chef Elvis is terrific ! Keep up the great work -- this is our second visit in two years and quality is consistent .

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Neil B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

When I travel to Grand Rapids for business, this is definitely my favorite place to stay. It's clean, modern, and chic. I was even there during ArtPrize last year. I love that there is so much within walking distance to eat, see, and do. I appreciate the Starbucks in the lobby (as well as the ample lobby space to work), and the bar and restaurant are great. I feel very safe here on my own as a solo female traveler. Room service is also quick and delicious for when I don't want to go out!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I have had the pleasure of staying at the JW four wonderful times. It is has been perfect every time and we can't wait for another trip back. If you want wonderful service, great atmosphere, close walking proximity to wonderful downtown Grand Rapids, you can't go wrong with the JW. My sons (11 and ()LOVE staying and the staff is just wonderful with them. You won't be sorry for staying. It's that great. We have stayed in the summer, spring and winter. Make sure you eat dinner at 616. Excellent!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carrie S, Manager at JW Marriott Grand Rapids, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Lucy G,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and repeated stays with us, and for sharing about your experiences in this review! I am so glad to hear that you and your family - including your children - enjoy our hotel and its offerings so much. We are fortunate to have a dedicated staff who sincerely cares about our guests. We hope to see you again many times in the future.

Carrie S
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a great hotel in an awesome location! You can walk pretty much anywhere in downtown Grand Rapids from this hotel and it is connected to many other buildings so traveling inside is also an option when it is chilly outside! When I booked the room, I mentioned we were traveling for my boyfriend's birthday. When we arrived there was a tray of seasoned nuts and pretzels along with 2 Founders IPA's and a happy birthday note!- For free! Just as a nice gesture from the hotel! The hotel room and bathroom were great and had a beautiful view of the river with an enormous window! I also booked the spa package, which was well worth it- for about $130 more than the room would have cost without it, I received $50 in JW bucks to spend anywhere in the hotel, an hour long couple's massage, and free valet parking for our stay! The food and drinks were excellent. Our waitress was great and, even though it is a pain, made me a cucumber mojito that wasn't on the menu that was excellent! There was one night when the hallway music was extremely loud, we called the front desk to ask that it be turned down and they did so immediately. We also requested an additional blanket as the only one on the bed was the down comforter and one was brought to our room shortly after. The staff here does above and beyond and the service was beyond excellent! My only negatives were as follows (and would not deter me from staying here again given all of the other great things about the JW)- the pool is fairly small, the bathroom did not have a fan, the lighting in the bathroom was fairly dim and it made it hard to do my make up, the blanket they brought up was scratchy, and the full length mirror is to the side of the bed so you can't really get a full length view. I have stayed at other hotels in Grand Rapids, and they were great also, but the JW is a cut above the rest! After my first stay there, it has become my first choice!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alemerso
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday and for writing this terrific review! We are always honored when guests choose to spend special occasions with us, and happy to provide the best service possible to make it a memorable experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the special touches our staff provided to help you celebrate. Thank you as well for your feedback regarding our facilities and rooms, as we will use that to continually improve our offerings. We hope to host you for another outstanding stay very soon.

Carrie S
Cedar, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Right down town on the river. All the celebrities stay here. Service is top notch, rooms are spacious with every amenity. Elegance. Had a corner room, high floor, great view of the city and the river.
Huge show and tube, wonderful robes. Concierge suite very pleasant place from morning to late.
Food is the best in GR. This is the special place to take your loved one. If they don't have it, they will get it for you.. of course the staff makes the stay.....

Room Tip: High floor, corner room concierge floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple