All reviewstarget storewould stay here againquiet locationdecent sizegrand rapids airportshuttle servicethe breakfast arearestaurants and shoppingbusiness centerexercise roomrooms are cleanvery nice hotelfree breakfastdesk clerkpool and hot tubcostcohighway
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Keeping it very simple:

The staff is awesome! A special note goes out to Justin at the front desk. He was awesome - but everyone is so polite and helpful and they seem genuinely happy to help you!

Good breakfast, nice coffee bar, the "to-go" breakfast bags were a great touch! Super clean rooms. Fast Internet. And I really appreciate the fact that their televisions had a great signal and lots of channels. They use DirecTV. Big difference from other hotels in the area! So many have crappy signals or very limited channel choices.

Every stay you get a freshly cleaned duvet and bedding. I don't know of any other hotel who does that! So clean. Meticulously clean!

Thanks for a great stay! I won't stay anywhere else when I return to Grand Rapids.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Location is not the best. The front of the hotel has high power transmission lines which are pretty ugly. To the side of the hotel is a marsh (swamp) with dead trees in it. When we walked into the hotel we got a terrible strong order of chlorine in the lobby which must have been from the swimming pool. The girl at the desk was nice and gave us a room on the second floor which turned out to be very nice. The room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was the usual hotel stuff but the highlight was the great coffee. Mysteriously the chlorine odor in the lobby was gone in the morning. When we went out to put our luggage in the car we got a surprise. Water from a broken sprinkler system was shooting straight up and landing on the hood of our car and several others. Maybe the manager would be wise to turn the sprinkler system off till they can get it fixed or block those parking spots off. We were glad that our stay was only one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonGRAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning water sprinkler to our maintenance team. We have also notified them of the dead trees in the wetlands area. We hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

In addition to providing the comfort on which Hampton hangs their hats, the staff are enthusiastic and pleasant to be around. While enjoying a tasty breakfast, I enjoyed watching groggy travelers get a little perk-up from a few nice words exchanged with the desk clerks or food manager.

The only drawback I could find (not to mention a number of other reviewers) is the location. I did not find it particularly difficult to find, but I did have to drive to dinner. There is a Target anchored shopping center across the street, but there are no dinner chains within walking distance. Not to worry, the independant dining scene in Grand Rapids is much more rich than I was expecting. Head over to the Cherry Lane area or other neighborhoods for some savory local flavor!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank howards994
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here quite a bit. The beds are very comfy and I slept wonderfully! The breakfast is the same as you'd find at other places that offer a complimentary breakfast- with a waffle maker as well! I didn't try out the pool area as there were a lot of kids there but my parents really enjoyed it. Here are some pros and cons:
Pros:
Nice staff
Nice business office with easy printing
Workout room is very nice (but small)
Quiet rooms (ours was next to the elevator and I never noticed any sounds!)
Comfy beds!!
Free wifi in the rooms
Nice breakfast
Great restaraunts nearby

Cons:
The key took a while to work. We joked about this but you have to swipe the card OFTEN for it to work.I found that if I wiggled it in I only needed to try once or twice but I hope they fix this soon!
Hard to find!! The signs are VERY small. After getting off of eastbound 96, we get in to 28th street and it's supposed to be on the left. It is, but we couldn't see a sign so we drove a bit further down before calling. Turn at the first left light after getting on 28th street- it's by the Target. In their defense, it does have this informaiton on the website.

Room Tip: None of the rooms really have a stellar view but even ours, right next to the elevator, was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NikiMarie
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel and staff are very good. Everything is in working order and very clean. Staff is courteous and welcoming.
Breakfast was exceptional for a Hampton with very good selections and good quality.
Hotel is hard to find with GPS it is behimd the Target store.
Rooms are a terrible green color but with everything else being above average I can overlook that.

• Stayed: August 2012