It can be hard to find a nice hotel at a decent price. However, Country Inn & Suites is a GREAT hotel- with reasonable rates! It is conveniently located on the East Beltline and 96. There is a Meijer just down the road if you happened to forget anything, but the hotel has an extensive list of toiletries (even things like pantyhose!) available to you if you need them. One of my friends had trouble finding their way to the hotel, but when they called the front desk graciously helped them out with directions.
From the minute I walked in, I was impressed. The foyer is impeccably clean, and stunning. Someone else was being helped at the desk when I arrived, but I was greeted warmly regardless. Another employee heard me being greeted and came out from the office to check me in. The room was spacious and CLEAN. I remember looking and the countertop and thinking it was wet, but when I touched it I realized it was just so clean it sparkled. The beds were comfortable (with plenty of pillows!) and were a welcome retreat at the end of our night. Our suite came with a fridge and a microwave, which both came in handy during our stay.We also had two sizable flat-screen TVs. No HD on the TVs, but that's the least of my worries when I'm traveling.
My favorite find during my stay- the bathroom toiletries! Sounds funny, I know, but I really appreciated finding brand name shampoo, conditioner, and lotion that I was familiar with as opposed to bland, cheap toiletries. My hair wasn't dried out and the lotion actually absorbed into my skin.
First we went to dinner at Malarky's which shares a parking lot with Country Inn. You get 10% off of your bill if you bring your room key! Then we went to downtown Grand Rapids for the evening, it only took us a few minutes by car to get there. Because we weren't familiar with the area, we stopped at the front desk and asked for directions- again the staff was very willing to help and friendly.
Breakfast the next morning was hot and satisfying! Definitely a nice change from the typical cold continental. Check out wasn't until noon (LOVE!), and when we did check out all we had to do was leave the keys in the room and call the desk to let them know we were leaving. No need to worry about juggling bags and going to the front desk. This will definitely be my first choice when returning to Grand Rapids- thank you Country Inn & Suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What is it like to Be Our Guest at the Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? It's a family getaway, with all the comforts of home. It's feeling free to borrow a book from our library, sit by the fireplace, or relax in the whirlpool. It's a hot breakfast that is always free and friendly staff that is always ready to help. But most of all, it's feeling like a guest in our home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Grand Rapids East
- Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East Hotel Grand Rapids
- Country Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Country Inn