“Great Value, Great Hotel, Great Location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family and I traveled to Grand Rapids, MI for a winter wedding. 11 of us stayed at the hotel. Our party had children, they loved the pool and cookies! Nice breakfast and staff. The location worked out well. Fantastic trip!

The staff suggested Bagger Dave's, the food and drinks were wonderful.

The parking lot could have been plowed/shoveled a little better, but that seemed to be a trend throughout the City of Grand Rapids.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tmlovejoy06
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear tmlovejoy06,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Bagger Dave's. They have a great menu and I've always liked how you can build your own burger. Thank you very much for you feedback!

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I found this room online because my work Christmas party was in downtown Grand Rapids. By cab ride, it was only 10 minutes away. The staff was more than willing to help with anything needed, checked in on me by phone about 10 minutes after arrival to ensure the rooms were okay, and always friendly when passing by. Felt very safe and it was very clean. I have obsessive compulsive disorder and visited a few of the rooms that my coworkers were staying in and found them all to be very clean and well put together. I will definitely stay there next year too!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lindsey746

Dear Lindsey746,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm glad we were able to accommodate you for the Christmas party! I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was visiting Grand Rapids for the first time, for my sister's wedding reception. This hotel was nearly perfect. The staff were very professional and friendly--every one of them from the front desk to the maid service. There were coffee and cookies in the lobby. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast food was fine. Coffee was great. Breakfast was ok, not great. You should stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tucknorris

Dear tucknorris,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your comments very much. I'll let our staff know of your comments on the breakfast and coffee. Come back again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked my travel plans on Oct 1st to make sure we got a good deal and a room. On the morning of travel Charyl called to confirm my reservation, glad she did I booked the wrong room type. She fixed it no problem. Apon check in the ooutside area was clean and inviting, the front lobby was warm and comfortable, clean and inviting as well. Debra checked me in with no problems, offered me the cookies and hot apple cidar. Our room was clean and very nice. Bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable. Had a problem with the tv in the master bedroom but that was an easy fix. Took the I kids swimming, the pool are was clean and refreshing. The kids loved it, plenty of towels. The game room was clean, the kids also like the military history on the wall. The elevators was fast and also clean. Later on that night I ordered pizza, they told me 21-31 MIN. after 40min Ian called the pizza place to find out what was going on, had a nice conversation with Ian, he is superb. The breakfast was hot a delicious, but the only thing I have a problem with is the bacon, why was it smashed into little peices, I like bacon stripes so do other people. Check out was a breeze Haley was very pleasant and asked how are stay was. The front staff was awesome. The housekeeping lady for our floor was awesome aswell. If you are planning a trip to GR, you have to stay here they make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Doug D
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Doug,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate your nice kind comments on our staff! I'll let, Cheryl, Debra, and Haley know of your kind comments. I'll let my breakfast attendants know of your feedback as well. If you're in the area again Doug we would love to have you back!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our son attends nearby Calvin College and plays on their hockey team. We have tried several area hotels, but we feel that the accommodations, breakfast, and, friendly service all for a reasonable price make your hotel our first choice for the frequent visits that we will be making to the area. We wil definitely recommend your hotel to other hockey parents who travel to the games.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn K

Dear Lynn,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you stayed with a hockey group at our hotel. We've had some great teams over the years. I hope we will see you next time your travel team comes to the area, Lynn!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is located in a unique area. Very close to Meier Gardens. We stay there quite often on family visits and found this hotel and the staff to be consistently excellent. Excellent in cleanliness and condition of the room and hotel, and great service. The breakfast gives a great variety of options, but like most hotels, the food quality is just OK at best. For all this, the price of this hotel is a bargain.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Churls

Dear Churls,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for returning to our property as a repeat guest. We're always happy to have you. I'll let our housekeeping manager know of your feedback on the cleanliness! We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We found this place to be a wonderful bargain and place to stay. Accommodations were very clean and the staff was very courteous and helpful in pointing out places to visit In the area. Food was great and full breakfast included each day! Their pool and exercise area were beautiful. I would definitely return here again.

Sharon U

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Sharon,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let our maintenance manager know of your comments on the pool and exercise room. He takes great care of them with his staff. Come back again soon!