Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortInn
$134
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$94
ComfortSuites
$214
$201
  • Pool
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$267
  • Restaurant
$86
$81
$144
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$63
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$84
1,090 results
All reviewscookiesmeijer gardensthe lower levelsculpture parkgreat hoteloatmealoff the highwaycomfortable bedsfree breakfastfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciouspool and hot tubthe breakfast areaworkout roomclean hotelexcellent stayup to date
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight before a trip to Frederik Meijer Gardens. The pool was smallish but had tons if loungers and tables. The water temp was perfect for our 4yo, and everything seemed clean. There was a lot of long, curly hair in the water. The hot tub was nice and hot but foamy, which I think might be a water quality issue so we skipped it. Our king suite was on the small side but clean. We always need a kitchenette bc our food allergies make it hard to eat out, and this one was fine. The bad news -- the bed was like sleeping on the ground it was so hard. I like a firm mattress, firmer than almost anybody I know -- but this thing was like a brick. On the opposite end of the scale, the pillows seemed smaller than std size, and soft like a bag of oatmeal. It was not comfortable. The walls are very thin and the rooms situated such that your neighbor's TV is at the head of your bed. Our neighbors were not loud, they were just watching TV quietly. But it was still loud, as was the constant hum from I-96. All in all, it was nothing too awful, just average. Bring a pillow and some earplugs and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: April 2013
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear babylizzie,

Thank you very much for your informative feedback of our hotel, Babylizzie. I appreciate your comments very much. I will let our maintenance manager know of your comments on the pool & whirlpool. Unfortunately, we do not have kitchenettes in any of our rooms. We recently installed microwaves & refrigerators in all our standard rooms to help guests store items throughout their stay. I'm happy to hear you were in town to visit the Frederik Meijer Gardens! If you're coming into town again soon, we certainly offer a package deal that includes two tickets to the Meijer Gardens. We can usually get a free suite upgrade in there for you as well. The king suite that you stayed in might have been a bit small according to your comments, but we do have a larger suite if you're interested. Our largest room is a one bedroom two queen suite. It has two queen beds & a sofa sleeper that pulls out into a full bed. From your comments you made in the review I understand your child has food allergies, if you're ever wondering which items would be safe for your child please don't hesitate to ask the breakfast attendants in the morning. They would be happy to assist you!

Babylizzie, thank you very much for your review of our hotel. If you have any questions or concerns please email me. I noticed your comments on the bed being firm. If you have a moment, please message me what room and date of stay so I can let our housekeeping manager know, or you can call the hotel directly. I would be more than happy to speak with you! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here just on an overnight trip. It was very easy to find coming off 94 going east. Hotel was what you would expect for one in this price range - clean room, bed was good, bathroom facility worked well, AC/heat worked well. Breakfast was OK. Hotel is very clean. Staff is REALLY nice. All in all this was one that would be worth going back to. Fredrick Meijer sculpture gardens are right down the street to the north.

Room Tip: elevator is in the center of this hotel - parking is all around.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hugh,

Thank you very much for your great feedback, Hugh! I appreciate your comments very much. Being close to Frederik Meijer Gardens certainly is a huge selling point. Next time you're in town, book our Local Attractions package. It includes two tickets to FMG. Artprize is a great time to visit because you can look over the art pieces and the park for the same price! Come back again soon, Hugh!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent the weekend at this hotel. The room was adequate and clean nothing special. The breakfast buffet was not up to the standards of other Country Inn's I have stayed at. They had much the fare but the food was all overcooked and lacked flavor. The check in was simpy and quick and there was adequate parking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear lar3313,

Thank you very much for your great feedback, lar3313! I appreciate your comments very much. I will let our breakfast attendants know of your comments about the breakfast. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my second stay at this property in the past 4 months. As before, it was for two nights, and they are still doing an excellent job. Staff is always friendly and helpful, the property itself is immaculate, and it is close to everything in the area. I don't want to stay anywhere else when I'm in town. Keep up the great job.

Room Tip: Staying on the front side of the hotel eliminates any highway noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Otowners,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We're always happy to have you stay with us. Come back again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed for one night with my husband and daughter.
as soon as we walked in there was one person at the deks helping another customer- the worker Ian i believe his name was- said hello to us and would be with us in a few minutes. and he was.Check in was quick and easy.
We had a King Suite- king bed with couch that pulled out to a bed. First let me say the room was spacious and very clean. It had a microwave and fridge. The king bed was very comfortable! Although I thought the pillows were rather small for the bed but they were okay.
We used the gym- its average size for a hotel gym but great for a quick work out on treadmill or eliptical. There were other equipment but we didnt use them.
We had the pool all to ourselves and was perfect for taking a dip and doing a few laps. The hot tub was awesome! I really enjoyed it. There was a game room too, but we didnt use it.
For breakfast- had sunny side eggs, sausage and potatoes. there were other items but that's what I ate. It was good and filling. Lots of fresh fruit and baked cookies were great too.
The hotel is right off the highway so it was very easy to get to, and in a good location. There is a restaurant right next to hotel and that was good too. Even got 20% off for showing our room card.
Over all I would say this was a great hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear YOFLO,

Thank you so much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear I was able to assist you throughout your stay. I'll let our staff know of your other great feedback as well! I know our housekeeping manager will love to hear you enjoyed the room. I know our breakfast attendants will also be happy to hear you enjoyed the morning meal. Come back again soon! Art Prize is right around the corner!