“Favorite Place to Stay in Grand Rapids”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We love this hotel and look forward to staying there once or twice a year when we travel from Chicago to Grand Rapids for a hockey game. It's always super clean and the staff couldn't be nicer. The breakfast, which is included is a perfect selection to get you started in the morning. This time we booked a room with a separate bedroom and were super happy. We'll hopefully stay here again soon as this hotel is near shopping and entertainment and we just can't say enough about it!

Room Tip: We've stayed in a regular King room and it was great. This time we spent a little extra and got...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear TMladic,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'll let our breakfast attendants know of your nice kind words. Great tip on the one bedroom king suite. Guests can always ask our front desk clerks for more great tips. Come back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had not stayed at a Country Inn for a long time. This property was very clean and quiet, even though it is along side an interstate highway. My room had a refrigerator and microwave and was very comfortable. Wi-Fi worked well.

Front desk had fresh cookies and coffee available throughout the night. The free breakfast was very good with lots of options other than the usual muffins and waffles. In the meeting room area, the hotel had a memorial to Michigan troops who had served in conflicts from the Civil War through today. I thought that was a nice gesture for a business to do that.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mobile_ Concierge,

Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear our wireless Internet was good. We recently upgraded our service to Comcast and added the ability for more users to the network. With smart phones, touch pads, laptops, and small devices, Internet traffic can get heavy quickly. I'm glad the upgrades helped during your stay! Thank you for noticing our veterans display! Come back again soon. We would love to have you again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our first stay at a Country Inn property and it far exceeded my expectations. I had envisioned more Holiday inn type property butthis was nicer. The suites were large and very well designed. rooms very clean. Breakfast buffet and seating area was well done. Staff at the desk were always very accommodating and always went to the next level of satisfaction.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're always happy to assist you throughout your stay. If you're back in the area, come stay with us again!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here overnight while on a road trip. We had never stayed at a Country Inn before and didn't know what to expect. The hotel is located out of town near the I-94 but only about 10 minutes from downtown. The hotel has some character and a comfortable homely feel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The standard is similar to some of the Best Westerns we have stayed at but smarter, cleaner and fresher. The décor would appeal more to the older generation but the rooms and clean and comfortable with a good size bathroom, fridge and microwave. There is a restaurant on site for breakfast and internet in the lobby. Breakfast is a bit basic; I would prefer not to have microwaveable food. Nothing to complain about here though and we would try other Country Inns.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Itchyfeet,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear we left a lasting impression on your stay for our brand. Country Inn & Suites are very nice hotels and I think you got the personality of our property down perfect. We're always here to assist you. I'll notify our breakfast attendants of your comments. If you're in the area anytime soon, please stop by. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in Grand Rapids with 2 employees for a convention downtown at the Devos Center, and realized very quickly that staying right downtown was not going to be a budget friendly option for my company. The Country Inn and Suites rated well, and was the right price.
Check-in was quick and easy, and within a few minutes I was in my room getting unpacked. The room was standard King, but was very spacious with a nice desk and a pull-out couch. Everything was well thought out and incredibly clean. All of the staff I came into contact with were very friendly as well.
The breakfast room was huge, which is nice as they are often undersized for the hotel they are in. It was a very good variety for breakfast, but as a person who tries to avoid carbs, I was basically limited to the egg patties, which were ok. Sausage or Bacon at breakfast would have turned this into a 5 circle review.
This hotel also has a very nicely done display in the lower level (on the way to the pool/arcade/workout room) in honor of our military. Nicely done.
Country Inn & Suites are becoming one of my favorite, go to brands after my last couple of stays.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing away from the highway for even less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Otowners
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Otowners,

Thank you very much for your informative review of our property! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We certainly do have a large breakfast room. Families or team can congregate without worrying about lack of space in the morning or evening hours. I will share your comments on the breakfast with my breakfast attendants. We're always looking for new feedback on how we can improve our service. Come back again soon!

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We live in Iowa and our daughter goes to school in Grand Rapids MI and we have been trying out the local hotels to fine "our" hotel. We found that in Country Inn and Suites!! The king size bed was SOOO comfy, the breakfast was amazing (so many choices) and the amenities were abundant. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for your nice kind words about our property! I'm glad to we're your home away from home. Our beds are Serta Sleepmaster 2000 beds in case you were wondering. I hope since your child is going to college in the area we will see us again real soon, Kim!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Friendly staff both at the front desk and in the dining room. Cleaning ladies all greet you and are interested in your stay. An upgrade from the standard hotel room is offered at a modest fee. Found that to be well worth the money, especially to have a sitting room. The breakfast was hit and miss. Not a fan of microwaved sunny side up eggs. Dining room is closed at 9:30 so if you need that extra cup of coffee mid morning, its not available. There are no places for breakfast within walking distance of the hotel. So you are trapped if you are without a car.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a mini-suite is worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. On the weekends our breakfast hours are from 6am-9:30am. On weekends it is from 7am-10:30am. We close the doors after breakfast hours to clean the rooms. You are more than welcome to come in and grab a cup of coffee. We have coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day with fresh cookies. The coffee in the breakfast room and lobby is actually a different brand. If you want to do a taste test to find out which one you like more, be our guest! I prefer the breakfast room type. I will report your comments to our breakfast attendants. If you're in the area anytime soon, we would love to have you stay with us again. Have a great day!