“The BEST hotel I've stayed at in years!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed two nights at this location and had a wonderful experience. Ian was at the front desk to check us in and made sure we had everything we needed. We had a king bedroom. I was surprised to see we also had a suite with a fridge & microwave, a couch and chair, and desk. There was a door to separate the bedroom from the suite area. The bed was so comfortable I slept straight through the night.
The hotel offers coffee and freshly baked cookies at all hours. It also has a "lending library" where you can return your book at another Country Inn & Suites location at a later time.
The only request I have is for another mirror in the bathroom, especially a make-up mirror.
Another thing is that the hotel road could be easily missed, as it's directly before a highway ramp. If you are aware of that, it is easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DJDW
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear DJDW,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you very much for writing a review on tripadvisor about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your nice kind comments very much. I will show your review to my other managers. Especially the comment on having a make-up mirror in the room. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to see you soon, Artprize is right around the corner! Come back again soon, DJDW!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have stayed at this motel several times over the past few years and have enjoyed my stay every time... so much so - that I stay here when I am traveling for pleasure as well as business. This is a 5 star establishment. Several reasons bring me back beginning with easy access from the freeway. Also, every employee has been super pleasant, knowledgeable about the area and simply johnny-on-the-spot. My room has always been clean and I consider myself picky. I am also a person with back issues and I find the mattresses extremely comfortable. You could tell by the parking lot that the motel was close to capacity if not full yet the place remained quiet all night. The amenities - wonderful. The breakfast - fantastic selection and great coffee. The restaurant across the parking lot gets 5 stars as well. Like I said - I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: My favorite-king bed-4th floor-facing west-sunset!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank TinaTravelBug
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Dear Tina Travel Bug,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions of our hotel on tripadvisor! On behalf, of our entire staff we want to thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again next time you're in Grand Rapids! We'll have that 4th floor room waiting for you!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

My teenage daughter and I wanted to do a girls get-away for a night. We live about 40 minutes away from GR. Looking at available hotels, I chose this one because it was reasonably priced and past experience of staying at other Country Inn's made me decide to choose it. The room was very clean. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Huge breakfast area with wonderful hot and cold breakfast items. Lower level has pool, hot tub, workout room and game room - of which we didn't have time for, but very nice. Friendly staff. 2 computers available in business center room next to lobby. Location - perfect, right off the highway. Also close to movie theaters, shopping, and downtown GR.

Room Tip: Ask for special student rate - unadvertised.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rmw0817
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear rmw0817,

I am happy you enjoyed your stay! I appreciate the time that you took to write up a review on tripadvisor about our property. I'll be sure to show my staff your nice kind comments. Come back into town soon! Maybe next time you will be able to take a dip in the pool. We look forward to seeing you again soon, rmw0817!

Ian

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Very clean hotel, good breakfast, sparkling indoor swimming pool but the water was a little cold. Mary who made the breakfast was kind and helpful. The service was good. Understanding our needs the front desk people arranged fridge and microwave. Over all it is 4 star experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PavanVaidya
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay on Tripadvisor PavanVaidya! It means a lot to us that you took the time to talk about your stay at our property. Come back again soon! We'll be sure to get that fridge in there again! Also, I'll be sure to let Mary know of your nice kind comments about breakfast.

cx_gami@countryinns.com

Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our daughter when we came to Grand Rapids looking for an an apartment for her as she will be starting a new job. The hotel is immaculately clean, it is perfectly quiet in the rooms, and the beds are just wonderful. Even more amazing, it is a great value for the area. My daughter and I also stayed her a few years ago when she was taking a huge exam during medical school and we could not have been more pleased with the accommodations and the quiet during such an important time. The location is only 5-10 minutes from the city, the good breakfast is a time-saving bonus, and the front desk staff is excellent. We will always stay here when visiting Grand Rapids.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kos56

Thank you very much Kos56 for posting a review of your stay on Tripadvisor about our hotel! I'm happy you enjoyed your stay at our property. I'll be sure to let our staff know of your nice kind words! I'll be sure to let our breakfast attendant see your comments.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for the past two years while on business in the Grand Rapids area. All stays have been outstanding with the staff totally concerned that my experience be the very best. When our business expanded to Lansing, my wife and I stayed at another hotel in Lansing and soon realized the CIS in Grand Rapids (East) was going to be our "base of operations" during our future trips to Michigan. The hospitality, service, cleanliness and breakfast are second to none. Don't take my word for it .. give them a call, make a reservation and see FIRST CLASS for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank HappyTraveler1946

Thank you very much for writing a review of our property HappyTraveler! It means a lot to us that you took the time to comment on your stay. I'm happy you choose to stay with us time and time again. It's great to be your base of operations. you are always welcome back anytime!

Reviewed March 19, 2011

This was a great experience. Clean rooms, clean pool and hot tub, great staff, comfortable bed and HOMEMADE food for breakfast! OK. The eggs were still rubbery hotel eggs, but the potatoes were real and delicious both mornings. And the oatmeal is real.
The 5 star rating is given in terms of it still being a Country Inn, not an elegant hotel. But it is at the top of it's category.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business