“Every stay has been "Gold Star"”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for the past two years while on business in the Grand Rapids area. All stays have been outstanding with the staff totally concerned that my experience be the very best. When our business expanded to Lansing, my wife and I stayed at another hotel in Lansing and soon realized the CIS in Grand Rapids (East) was going to be our "base of operations" during our future trips to Michigan. The hospitality, service, cleanliness and breakfast are second to none. Don't take my word for it .. give them a call, make a reservation and see FIRST CLASS for yourself.

2  Thank HappyTraveler1946
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you very much for writing a review of our property HappyTraveler! It means a lot to us that you took the time to comment on your stay. I'm happy you choose to stay with us time and time again. It's great to be your base of operations. you are always welcome back anytime!

Ian Kirkwood
Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed March 19, 2011

This was a great experience. Clean rooms, clean pool and hot tub, great staff, comfortable bed and HOMEMADE food for breakfast! OK. The eggs were still rubbery hotel eggs, but the potatoes were real and delicious both mornings. And the oatmeal is real.
The 5 star rating is given in terms of it still being a Country Inn, not an elegant hotel. But it is at the top of it's category.

2  Thank MissFidget
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I travel constantly and found all aspects of this property excellent. The great value for the money, the hotel looks brand new even though it was built four years ago. The staff was exceptionally friendly and courteous, breakfast included in the room rate make this a special value. The location is close to many businesses on the east side of Grand Rapids. Plenty of good restaurants nearby. all in all, I plan on staying here every time I stay in Grand Rapids.

2  Thank TCTomM
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Normally I don't get home form somewhere and rush in to my computer to write a review but this place deserves it! Right from the start we recieved every courtesy that seems to be leaving alot of other places. 1st- we booked a king size room with 2 tickets to the Fred Meijer Gardens and when I called 3 weeks later to ask if they had a room with a hot tub, they upgraded our room to a king suite with tickets and a hot tub for the same price! Then after we arrived and saw the room which was huge and very nice they called to make sure everything was ok!! We wandered around and every person that worked there that we ran into was very gracious and polite and the breakfast buffet the next morning which is included with the room was better than alot of restaurants we've been to! Yummy yummy egg/potato/sausage casserole. We saw alot of folks arriving just to have the breakfast which they also offer to the public for a reasonable price. My only complaint which isn't really a complaint is that my neck hurt a little from the pillow I used and I kept wanting to roll to the middle of the bed but not bad enough to keep me up in the night. Overall a very good and needed weekend for my husband and I. And the Fred Miejer gardens was a plus as well with being very close to the hotel and the butterfly exhibit was in full swing.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelingeast_8
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Never heard of this Hotel before I stayed there on a business trip to Michigan. I would rate them an A+ all across the board. Best kept secret in the Hotel World. The staff was very friendly, My son is in the Marines and I noticed outside of the elevator on the wall was a tribute to all the service men and women who serve in our armed forces. It was also a reminder for us to thank them for the sacrifice they make for the rest of us.

I wish more businesses would not be afraid to stand for what they believe in. Thank you for supporting the all the family's that make the huge sacrifice so that the rest of can go to the local market without being afraid of what might happen.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites just off the highway and the East Beltline in Grand Rapids, Mi. It is a beautiful, new hotel with hardwood floors in the lobby and a friendly staff. It is close to the malls, Fredrick Meijer Gardens and Celebration Cinemas. It is also close to the many 28th street restaurants. Or you can walk to Malarky's for food and drinks. We were delighted to find out the pool was open until midnight. Many hotels close their pool early. We were able to enjoy the hot tub and pool after a full day of activities. Near the pool area was an amazing historical tribute to the troops. Museum quality & unique. Breakfast was very good....anything you might want. I'll stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mikeypam
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Dear mikeypam,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review with TripAdvisor about our property! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, Mikeypam. We you are coming into town again, we would be happy to have you stay with us again! Join our facebook page and we can fill you in on any local activities happening in town!

Ian Kirkwood
Front Desk Manager
Country Inn & Suites East
3251 Deposit Drive
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
1-616-942-7000

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Country Inn and Suites is clean and reminded me of a bed and breakfast feel. But I liked it better because you didn't feel like you had to get to know your fellow travelers. It was cozy without being too cozy. The only negative was the girl that checked us in was kind of rude, but the rest of the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rorismom

Dear rorismom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about our property! Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your honest feedback very much. We use all feedback to better our hotel for the next guest or your next stay! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were very friendly. Many times our front desk can run into multiple job duties to follow during the night that can lead to different tasks to be completed. I personally apologize for the issue you ran into with our front desk staff. If you come into town again Rorismom, let our front desk make up for that first encounter with a positive experience. I look forward to seeing you again!

Ian