“Nice, quite hotel”

SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is great overall, the room is very big and have very comfortable working desk. I have a king size room and the desk and the bed is in two different room so I would not disturb my girlfriend if I get up early.
The location is very good close to mall and restaurant, but it is really hard to find. My GPS can not find the hotel, but I finally find the place using Google map. anyway the room is a little bit outdated, like it still has clock and speaker for iphone 4s not iphone 5.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Micro-Young
SpringHillSuitesGRR, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Micro-Young -

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences during your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our spaciaious guest rooms and had a great stay. I look forward to you staying us again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is pretty great overall. I bid on another website (price line) and got it for fifty dollars a night. I typed in the address, but my GPS didn't take me to the right location. It took me near there, but the hotel's address is 28th street...the hotel, however, is a half mile or so away from where the GPS address is.

My advice is to google the address ahead of time, then look at where the hotel is. Basically, look for the Target (Staples, Aldis, & Dicks signs), and turn there. Drive around, and the hotel is behind Target. It's really remote.

Their management needs to read these reviews and instead of just commenting on all the reviews, they need to actually CHANGE THE SIGNS!! Do they even want customers?? It's a joke! Their sign is so tiny, and impossible to find. I'm attaching a photo of the hotel's sign

One problem with the hotel is that you can hear through the walls and the ceilings. I was on 2nd floor and I could hear the people in the room above me constantly, and I kept hearing kids in the room next door. My room was attached to a room with a baby and toddler. It was awful most of the night.

I would suggest getting a room on 3rd floor. I think hotels like this (with thin walls & ceilings) should put people with small children near other people with small children. If they kept families on the first floor, and people who were couples or solo travelers on the 2nd & 3rd floors, it would help a lot with the noise level. This hotel would’ve been perfect if it weren’t for the noise & the stupid small signs :-) Did I mention it's hard to find the hotel?

Overall, once you find it, it's a great hotel. There's a free breakfast. The rooms are nice. There's an indoor pool and hot tub. There is an exercise room. It's all pretty clean. The staff are great. Would stay there again for sure, but I would not stay on 1st or 2nd floors.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank OpinionExpert

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport. I appreciate your thorough comments about the hotel.

I can understand your frustration regarding the GPS placement of our hotel. Since we are unable to place a large sign along 28th Street we have worked with several online map websites to change our placement market to indicate our location which is tucked alongside a pond behind Target. In addition we try to communicate our unique location on our website as well.

I am glad to learn that once you did arrive you found our hotel to be great and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as well as our indoor pool and whirlpool.

I look forward to you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hotel is situated between GR airport and the city center. Rooms are large, confortable and clean. I arrived there around midnight on a saturday evening and was happily welcomed at the front desk :-)
A bit difficult to find, so better to review before how to get there (GPS got lost, but not google maps).
WIFI : working on my PC, not on my Iphone.
Did not try the breakfast.
A good hotel if you wanna stay in GR area!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Seb8975 -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our large, clean, comfortable rooms. I also want to thank you for your comment about GPS. We do as much as we can to inform guest of our location and appreciate you mentioning it as well to assist any future guests.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Returned here after a stay last year. Hotel has been maintained well. Really appreciate the breakfast area opening early - we were told 7am but there was food available at 6:30am and we were welcomed by the hostess.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor at either end can be loud (either from the lobby area or near the side exit...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen C
SpringHillSuitesGRR, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.We're glad to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you by putting our breakfast out a bit early. We're glad you've returned and hope to see you at our hotel sometime in the near future once again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The place is nice and fairly new. The rooms are spacious. The breakfast and internet is very good. Pool is small and really really cold. Next to the highway, so its easy to reach to approach. However, its a bit hard to find as the 12x12"sign is hard to see.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is pretty quiet. Good for kids
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gaurav_Nagpal

Gaurav_Nagpal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast, and free internet. However, we do apologize for the temperature of the pool. The appropriate department has been notified so that hopefully this wont happen again! We hope to see you in the Grand Rapids area again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel had everything we needed--a comfy sofa, lounger and desk area and a king-sized bed. We bid for it and got a great price for our two nights. It was a last-minute booking since we were attending a funeral. The breakfast stayed open till 10 AM on weekends, which was nice. The scrambled eggs were fresh and delicious--not dried out like in many buffets. We would definitely stay here again. It was a little hard to find in the dark, but we had printed out directions before we left, which was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank CultureTake

CultureTake,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5-star review! We are very happy to hear that you liked our rooms, location, breakfast, and pricing so much! We look forward to seeing you in the Grand Rapids area again soon, hopefully on a better occasion. We give our condolences for your loss.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is new and clean with a good breakfast. Nice people working here. Location is strange, but that is just how it is. Tucked behind a Target and shopping center. Only thing I didn't like is that it felt like my room was shaking from a laundry machine on spin cycle. I called front desk and he said the machine was on other side of the building. I saw for myself that was not the case and I in fact was on top of laundry room. It didn't affect my sleep, just sort do annoying.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank AJfromCO
SpringHillSuitesGRR, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

AJfromCO,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and staff! We do apologize for any inconvenience that our washing machines may have caused you during your stay. We hope to see you in the Grand Rapids area again soon!