SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
$277
$201
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$90
ComfortInn
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$65
SleepInn
$136
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$297
$279
JW Marriott
$261
$214
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskservice roadlate night flightseparate sitting areatoilet and tub showerstaff was nice and helpfulrooms were perfectquiet locationoatmealwet barmini fridgethin wallsstandard hotelsoccer tournamentbathroom areaeach morningbeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We love Marriott hotels, and this one did not disappoint. We reserved 3 rooms, and all were squeaky clean. The linens on the beds smelled so crisp and clean. Did I mention it was clean? The pool was quite small, but our seven kids had a blast there anyway, and it was clean. We felt kind of sorry for the other families in the pool area because our kids didn't leave them much room. We stayed for 2 nights, and I think the kids swam at least 5 times. The free breakfast was typical and the same each morning - eggs, sausage, waffles for hot items, and your typical cold items like muffins, bagels, yogurt, milk, etc. Coffee was good. We hung out in the lobby well past 11:00 each night, and the desk lady was very pleasant to us. We didn't buy from the lobby bar (never saw anyone buy a drink during our several hours down there) because they were extremely overpriced. Front desk was very helpful when we brought them several inquiries. They gave us extra shampoo and conditioner when we asked. We also tried to purchase a milk from their little market corner, but they were nice enough to run into the kitchen to get us a couple free ones instead. My only complaint is that the walls are paper thin, the reason for 4 stars instead of 5. We listened to a man on the phone for over an hour and well past midnight next to our room, and heard every word. We resisted pounding on the wall because he sounded mean! Aside from that, we had a very pleasant stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Handi-cap accessible rooms are much larger if they have any available. Next time I'd probably request an end-room so we don't have to share 2 walls, or a room with empty rooms around it if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TulipaBulba
SpringHillGRAirport, Public Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for the review! We will share it with our team, hope to see you back at our property soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I forgot to read the reviews prior to booking this hotel, it probably would have saved us from missing the hotel on the first go around and having to turn around and really look for the small sign near the Target entrance. Once we arrived, the hotel check in was efficient, fast and friendly. At check in we were informed there were "sports teams" at the hotel, but that we had been placed away from their rooms. I never heard anything, so I thank them! My only complaint, at least from a female standpoint, is the lighting in the vanity area. It was very dim. I ended up removing the shade from the lamp near the sofa and dragging it into the vanity area so I could finish my makeup. Room very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and I requested to be away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I arrived at the SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport without my suitcase (lost by airline!), the nicest people took over! General Mgr Elijah Steinmetz drove his own car through icy slush to get me to Target to buy essentials, and Theresa Pittenger, Director of Sales, picked me up when I called the number she gave me. Night desk person Sarah lent me a charger cord for my phone! When you take a dependable Marriott property and add go-the-extra-mile employees at all levels, you have a winning combination, for sure! Would stay again . . . anytime.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rusha_sams

Thank you for the fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. It is tucked in the back away from all of the stores so it is quiet; but I loved the convenience of the stores and restaurants nearby. The rooms were incredibly clean and roomy and the mattress was so comfortable. The check-in process was great, and the manager was very patient. We forgot a few toiletry items, and they supplied us with what we needed. The breakfast is slightly above average. The eggs are your typical hotel eggs, but there was a nice variety. The only minor hiccup was my bill which they promptly corrected when I pointed out the mistake. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for one night. I did some research prior to booking, we booked a 2 queen suite because the rooms have the partial wall separation - so we can read, watch tv once the kids go to bed. When my husband checked in we were given a handicap suite per my husband's acceptance - he thought it would be the same type of set up as what we booked. Unfortunately, this room was a typical hotel room without any type of wall separation from the bedroom area.

Once we got to the room, I was disappointed the room was not the same as what we booked (no separation). So I called the front desk and explained what I was looking for and wanted to know if we could have our original booking. She informed me that "none of the rooms have any separation from the bedroom area." In looking at the pictures on Trip Advisor and Marriott's web page that clearly is not the case. Not sure if she was a new employee or if I was intentionally lied to. If it were just my husband and I, it wouldn't have been a big deal but the separation is a positive to have when travelling with children.

The positives are that hotel is very clean, modern and updated. Bathroom toiletries were nicer than most hotels in this category. We're originally from the area and knew where it was so there was no issue in finding the property. As many have stated, it's located off 28th St. behind Target/Costco/Dick's. The hotel is very close to the airport, which makes it coonvenient for business travellers.

There is a small patio area to enjoy that overlooks wetlands for warmer months. The indoor pool was the smallest pool I've ever seen at a hotel but the kids still enjoyed it! The fitness center was good with decent equipment. No issues with the WIFI as my husband was able to get a lot of work done. We enjoyed a few Founder's beers (excellent local brewery) from the bar area. Breakfast was your typical hotel included breakfast and was fine. The kids enjoyed the complimentary Krispy Kreme donuts.

If we were in the area again I would probably give this property one more try, however I would verify my room prior to staying.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms do not provide any separation from bedroom area
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family