“Excellent Seafood and Attentive Service”
Review of Leo's

Leo's
Ranked #3 of 932 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Seafood and Attentive Service”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was excellent as was the service. the seafood is very fresh and the variety is excellent. If you are an oyster lover, they have an excellent selection of oysters. The atmosphere is on the formal side. I had lunch and the noise level was fairly low. This is one of the top restaurants in Grand Rapids and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very salty food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had excellent service by our waitress but the food was so salty that 2 of the 4 of us didn't eat our meals. Got the bill and was expected to pay for it also. At the end f the meal was told by the server she hoped we would come back. When I told her I would not be back all of a sudden the manager was there offering to deduct the price of my meal.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“"outstanding service and best sea food in town!"”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The atmospher made me feel like we were in a big city.

The food was delicous. Great variety to choose from. The escargo & the calamari both are to die for. My husbands lobster was cook perfect & the butter sauce was good & hot. Shrimp scampi was excellent cooked perfect.

Waitress was so pleasant and not pushy, they didn't make us feel rushed. It was a perfect date night!

We will be back again!

• Visited March 2013
Holland
“Dissapointing visit”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Leo's has been a favorite of mine for a while, but the last visit was disapointing. Service was sub par - had made a reservation for a specifc seat, they made us wait 15 mins past our time and then gave us a seat next to the entrance; the server spilled almost one third of my martini; we had to request water at least five times throughout the meal. The soup came out luke warm. I had the Mahi Mahi and it came out cold & dry - mentioned it to the server and was not even offered a replacement. It was not a visit that would want to make you go back. BTW there is no place on their website to give any feedback.

• Visited January 2013
unidentified
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seafood is always outstanding here!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We enjoy the consistent quality of seafood preparation at Leo's. My meal of crab-topped salmon was outstanding, and my husband thoroughly enjoyed the chef's special of the day: crab, lobster, and shrimp in a sherry garlic butter sauce. When our adult children come back to visit, Leo's is the place they choose for holiday celebrations. We're never dissatisfied.

Visited January 2013