“Not impressed.”

Grand Rapids Public Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Grand Rapids Public Museum is a place of never-ending inspiration and discovery, with a focus on science, history and culture. We have three floors of core and traveling exhibitions, the Roger B. Chaffee Planetarium, a 1928 Spillman Carousel and a Mighty Wurlitzer Organ.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was so excited when I noticed The Titanic exhibit was next door to my hotel. So I checked it out.

For the amount of $$ that you pay to see the exhibit, it's WAY OVERPRICED.

The main problem is there are not that many note worthy artifacts to keep you interested. I saw a lot of china, glassware, trinkets, one chandelier from 3rd class, one porthole, and a lot of replicas. Also, the exhibit tells the story that we already now.

I think this may have only been a small piece of the entire collection.

3  Thank mattpheil

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Save your money for a more interesting museum. The Titanic exhibit was good but not great. Unfortunately, if you've seen any of the Titanic exhibits, they are pretty much the same. As for the rest of the museum, research it online before going.

2  Thank wccope
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Museum is huge. Cost for Titanic admission was $12 each with college ID. My husband and I went to primarily see the Titanic Exhibit. The artifacts were very neat. It amazing how well some of them look after all this time. The exhibit was very informative and interesting, however, there is a lot of reading! I would not take children in here as there is not a lot for them. If you're going to see this exhibit I suggest paying the extra $5 each to get the vocal tour which is just a device you take around with you that reads everything. We didn't have much time before they closed to explore much else of the museum. There is a parking structure, we were there for about 2 hours and it cost $2-$3.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We learned so much about the Titanic. Some of the relics they found were so well preserved. The security guards were well informed about extra tid bits. We got the vocal tour also whch was nice, too. Would like to visit the one in Vegas, also.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The tour of the museum was amazing and more interesting than I could have imagined!

The Titantic exhibit made you feel as if you were part of the actual moment in time with the sounds and stories being listened to throughout our tour.

Great trip to take kids of all ages! Lots to see!