“Definitely will go back!”

Wolfgang's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 950 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Wow! Try the Wolgang's special coffee, a perfect mix between hoy chocolate And hazelnut coffee topped with whipped cream. We didn't have to wait because we where there early. A place where all the locals go, and I understand why. I had the banana bread french toasts with strawberries , bananas and whipped cream. I ordered all them on the side.
If you travel to Grand Rapids area you need to stop here for breakfast you wont be dissapointed!

There are newer reviews for Wolfgang's Restaurant

Reviewed October 6, 2012

They have daily breakfast specials and tell 8:30 AM. Wolfgang's is open only for breakfast and lunch. One of the most extensive menus you will see. Although the restaurant is always busy there never seems to be a long wait.

1  Thank Mac M
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed a night in Grand Rapids mid-week because we had to pick up our kids from sports camp in Muskegon. This is about 1 hour 45 mins from home. We love to eat at local places when possible so while at the gas station we asked the guy pumping gas next to us for a good breakfast place. He immediatly recommended Wolfgangs, however he was worried that since we were not familiar with the area we wouldnt be able to find it. No worries - we typed the name into GPS and had no problem finding it. He also warned us there could be a wait. Since it was a Thursday morning around 10:30am there was no wait to get in but most tables were full. We immediatly noticed the delicious smell of the hazelnut coffee and all the locals that occupied the tables. Locals are always the sign of a good place to eat. One look at the menu and we knew this wasnt your typical greasy spoon breakfast joint. The choices were unique and actually sounded GOOD. Not just eggs and bacon. We opted for the Mahoney Cakes. Pancakes layered with cream cheese topped with strawberries, blueberries and almond slivers. I also asked for the homemade whipped cream. WOW! I usually eat syrup on my pancakes and was worried this would be dry but it was not dry at all. It was the best breakfast ever! It was like dessert for breakfast. The only thing I would change about this is maybe a little less cream cheese. The service was a little slow and getting coffee refills was very very slow, but we were in no hurry anyway and the food was worth the wait. We would actually make the drive back here just for breakfast ! If you are that guy from the gas station who recommended this place - THANK YOU ! !

Reviewed July 24, 2012

There's a reason this place lines up for brunch on Sunday. It's got great breakfast food with fast service. There's lots of options on the menus, and the meals are fresh....not too greasy, as some breakfast places can be. The rosemary potatoes are perfectly seasoned, and my favorite omelette is the Aloha Hawaiian (ham, pineapple, cheddar, and cream cheese)....sounds awful, but if you like ham & pineapple together, you'll love it.

However, I was dining with someone who ordered corned beef and wasn't impressed in the slightest. I've read other reviews that say it can be hit-or-miss, and--unfortunately--I agree. If you find a favorite dish, you'll keep coming back....if not, you may not try again. I guess that's the way most dining experiences go.

If you decide to try dining on a Sunday, be prepared to wait a bit. Over the last few years, they've improved in getting people seated faster, so you may not wait long at all. However, the last time I dined there, I found out why the wait to be seated has been shorter: our waitress absolutely rushed us through our meal. That was disappointing. I wasn't halfway through my dish, and we were given the check. She kept buzzing by and stopped the coffee refills as if to say, "Aren't you done yet?" I was not pleased, but I probably will go back....my favorite breakfast at Wolfgang's is that good.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

WOW. This is a great place for a great breakfast. We were seated in minutes only to find the line form within 15 minutes, and for good reason. The food was tremendous, fresh and fast. The menu offers far too many options to chose from. We shared the blueberry pancakes. They were fluffy, large and tasted like you dream a pancake should. But best of all the syrup was served warm. This attention to details makes this our top pick for future visits to Grand Rapids, Michigan.