“Don't see why this place is so popular”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Geranium

The Red Geranium
Ranked #65 of 923 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids
“Don't see why this place is so popular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've been here several times, and just don't get the attraction. The food is very average. Maybe people don't care and just want something close by? I had a veggie omelette this morning that was very mediocre. Rubbery. Little taste. I didn't even bother to finish it. If you want a good breakfast place in Grand Rapids, I think the top four are: Real Food, Wolfgang's, Sundance Grill and Cafe Connection.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
“Our go-to place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

There are only two places in the GR area that are 5 star breakfast places.....and the Red G is one of them. Great omlets and skillets. Generous portions and great coffee. You will not be disappointed!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank George C
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Really Wonderful Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I really appreciated that my friend took me here for brunch one day. It was a hearty breakfast where everything seems just a bit bigger and better.

PROS:

- You will feel full.
- The food is made well, and it is tasty!
- The food is not overly expensive.
- The wait staff is welcoming and efficient.

CONS:

- Because of its popularity, you will find a wait or sometimes no seating. Get there early, or be prepared to wait.
- They could make the inside a little more attractive. Perhaps a light renovation is in order.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

If I had to choose a breakfast place in the Grand Rapids area, this would be it. Thank you for a delicious meal.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank rikerwt
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“I agree...GREAT Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

First time here for breakfast. this morning with my wife. We went prime time, Saturday morning about 11am. We got the only open table in the joint. After that there was a short wait for a table. If your one of the people that show up with 12 people during prime times at a small restaurant and then whines because they can't seat you immediately...well then your an idiot. Not just this small restaurant...ANY small restaurant Just saying...

There was a short wait for parties of 2 or 4 but if somebody showed up with 10 or 12 people and wanted to sit together they would have been waiting a while. I mean, it would have taken 5 tables to free up after all.

It was everything I want from a breakfast place. I had corned beef hash, eggs and hash browns with toast. It was great.

Wife had a breakfast burrito and it was stuffed with sausage and bacon and came with hash browns

The pancakes on other tables looked and smelled awesome.

Waitress wasn't hanging on us but was there when we needed her and kept my coffee and Diet Coke full/

Definitely will go back. This place and the two Peppermills are in a league of their own when it comes to solid, diner style breakfast in Grand Rapids. They don't try and get cute like Anna's House (I reviewed it). They just put out great breakfast food

• Visited June 2013
London, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant for breakfast with friends while in Grand Rapids. I had the Eggs Benedict with American fries. It was delicious and I would recommend it highly. Two of my friends had the Grandpa Steins' and another friend had a pecan pancake. Everyone was pleased with their selection.

• Visited June 2013