“Fabulous Breakfast”
Review of The Red Geranium

The Red Geranium
Ranked #47 of 984 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Description: The Red Geranium Café is one of 16 restaurants owned and operated by local restaurateur Jeff Lobdell. The original location was on Michigan St. in beautiful downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Responding to a growing demand in local flavor, Red Geranium soon expanded south to the Wyoming and Kentwood areas. We pride ourselves on our delicious food made from only the freshest ingredients daily. Stop in and see what the local chatter is all about!
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The breakfast food here is amazing. There's something for everyone at Red Geranium! The service, in my personal experience, is not that bad. I've always gotten my food very quickly, and the staff is friendly. Overall, it's a delicious inexpensive way to eat breakfast.

1  Thank Lila H

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I met two friends for lunch at this restaurant. The staff was friendly which made it fun. I ordered the Tuna Melt which was excellent. The restaurant is small, comfortable and appeared to be very clean.

I will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This has been a GR fixture for decades in GR. They have two locations and you must have the Sugar Bread - frilled cinnamon bread, frosted and served hot at the table. Think of a cross between French Toast and a sweet roll.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great breakfasts in a pleasant setting. It's a great place to meet up with friends.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a near-weekly spot for me. There is often a wait of at least twenty minutes, but it's worth it. The portions are generously sized, pancakes are the best in town, staff is friendly and efficient. Only drawback (besides the wait, which is not unreasonable) is that there are only two single bathrooms. I say this only because I am usually with preschoolers whose lack of interest in moving quickly is in direct contrast with the necessity of moving out so that someone else can use the restroom. This is definitely my favorite breakfast place!