“baymont review”

Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I recently booked to stay in the Baymont Inn for our wedding night. We have not yet been able to book a honeymoon so were looking forward to a nice, relaxing end to an otherwise great day by booking the Jacuzzi suite at the hotel. Upon arriving we found the jacuzzi in our room ha no plug to block the water and was therefore useless. The receptionist was completely incompetent and couldn't locate another plug or get us into another room, because they were apparently all booked out. The room was also dirty, with the picture hanging sideways, no tv remotes and only one bottle of shampoo (which we also were not able to get more of after asking). After complaining and being messed around for 45 minutes, with no usable room we had had enough and decided to leave. We were offered a refund for the room, but no compensation for our wasted time, horrible experience with staff and grotty/unusable facilities. We were forced to drive home and stay in our own apartment on our wedding night after wasting over an hour and a half and putting a huge downer on the end of an otherwise great day. We've since told others to cancel their bookings and stay away from this hotel and advise others do so in the future. I've never had such a bad hotel experience and hope I never will again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Pros:
When making reservation, Justin at the desk was very nice and answered all of my questions....
The Cons:
Lobby: Restroom and Exercise room under construction and not available. Wish we had been notified of the exercise room out of service when I made reservation!
Room 219:
Shower controls almost fell off.
Vanity lighting was so poor, it was not fit to see routine makeup , hairdo, or shaving..
TV sound control only had one volume so we could not hear it due to the number one problem and this was WORST:
Teenagers (maybe from a school event? were loud and banging doors, talking, yelling in the hall, etc..CRAZY LOUD all evening..finally I went to desk and complained (nicely). Justin said no problem, he would take care of the noise...it did die down for a total of 40 minutes and then it was back to all the loud voices and banging of doors, etc till after 2 AM...then again at 6AM it started again. If I were the manager, first of all I would not put a reservation, (us) who had booked 3 weeks ahead who were AARP members in the middle of rooms of teenagers! Secondly, if I were the manager, I would have checked periodically, (maybe at least every 30 minutes after my complaint that the halls were quiet, even after the initial quietness of only 45 minutes.) We will NOT waste our money here again, and I think I am being very fair with a two star, as I really think a one star would probably be more sufficient!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Muskegon, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Sleep interrupted several times during the night. The alarm was set, but for every 25 seconds a minute passed. so the alarm went off prematurely. . I asked for a wake up call, but did not receive one. I had an early flight, and just wanted to sleep. Did not have breakfast(to early). Hopefully the clock radio was repaired, replaced(junked). This motel did not live up to Wyndhams standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo