“Worst service ever”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ionia Avenue
Description: Welcome to Louis Benton Steakhouse and LB's Lounge. We are a classic American steakhouse with a heavy Chicago influence. Come enjoy an exciting and comfortable atmosphere, where big steaks are served, and bold wines are poured. Feel free to loosen your tie, and be yourself while enjoying a world class experience delivered by our warm and friendly service professionals. As one of the only Blues venues in Grand Rapids, we offer a relaxing setting to come and let loose. Reminiscent of the great clubs of the Windy City, we are proud to feature some of Michigan's top blues artists. Inspired by blues guitar legends such as BB King, Muddy Waters, and Buddy guy, our ambiance will take you back to when the simpler things were appreciated. When life gets hectic, it's nice to know there's a place you can come to just breathe, relax, and enjoy life. That's what we do here at Louis Benton Steakhouse and LB's Lounge, we hope to see you soon!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went with 8:45 reservations by the time we got seated it was 9:30. By the time we got water even 15 minutes had pasted. We just finished and it is going on 11:15 and we didn't even have drinks.

Besides the time the food we pretty good I had the snapper is it was a bit dry not worth the price. The steaks that the others in my party it were good except they messed up the 2 steak orders doneness.

The restaurant is rarer nice atmosphere except it is really dark inside. There is an another area connected and they share a restroom. The area is a club which is really loud and obnoxious when you are trying to have a nice evening out. I'm 24 so I can appreciate music, but there is a time and place.

Also, the staff seemed poorly trained when the waitress came to explain the menu she simply read the menu to us, really awkward.

The manager seemed to be used to this sort of mannerism. I would never recommend this restaurant without a complete turn around in management.

1 Thank R5swank

Grand Rapids, MI
“Great holiday season dinner & service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I dined at Louis Benton on Dec 14 and we enjoyed a wonderful evening. We were promptly seated & shortly thereafter welcomed by our server, Kate. Having read other reviews of this restaurant we were a little apprehensive as to what to expect. What we experienced turned out to significantly exceed our expectations! Kate "walked" us through the recently new menu and answered our questions as to the preparation of the steaks. A loaf of very tasty warm bread was served along with our calamari appetizer to start our dinner. We both had the lobster bisque soup which we considered outstanding. My wife had the prime rib and I had the ribeye steak and we ordered a side of the sauted mushrooms. Both entres served hot and medium rare as we had ordered. We both enjoyed the ribeye best, the prime rib wasn't quite as tender or flavourful as the steak (even though still good). Dessert was taken back to our nearby hotel as the dinner was very filling. We thought the atmosphere in the restaurant was very warm & inviting, highlighted by a beautifully decorated Christmas tree for the holiday season. We had alerted our server that we weren't in a hurry & she perfectly timed serving the various courses. Kate's personality & friendly service was another highlight. We'll definitely be returning to Louis Benton in the future.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JerryHGrandRapids_MI
Grand Rapids MI
“Best New York strip I have ever had”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Best New York strip I have ever had. I am not a fan of ny strip but have it a chance and it was fantastic! Great potatoes too. The iceberg lettuce wedge is good salad

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Service-Poor Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Food was average, steak was well done and chewy but the worst part of the meal was the LOUD General Manager occupying the dining room during the lunch hour and conducting all of his business at the top of his lungs!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank LouieB3
“Will never go back.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had reservations for 7, arrived at 6:55 and was not seated until almost 7:30. Our server did not greet us for almost 5 minutes after being seated. We used our groupon, and when I informed our server she took my phone up to the bar to redeem the groupon. While she was still in possession of my phone she served those who had just sat at the bar. It felt like almost 5 minutes before she returned my phone to me. She hadn't even taken our drink order at this point. From here on out, it just got worse. Our meal was sub par at best. The sirloin was gristle filled and our "steamed" broccoli was ice cold. We sat for about another 10 minutes after completing our meals before she came and took our plates, we were not given our dessert options at this point. About another 5 minutes later she offered us dessert, literally 15 minutes later our dessert was brought to us. Being irritated, I then timed our server for how long it took her to bring us our check. 4 minutes for her to remove our plates, at this point she said "I'll be right back with your check." 9 minutes later she showed up with the check. Took her about 5 minutes to run the card and return it to us. Needless to say we will never be back to this over priced, horribly serviced restaurant with sub par food at best. I definitely do not recommend.

3 Thank Mlynema