“RUDE workers”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Their website says they close at midnight. I've been asked to leave at a little after 11. If you arent moving fast enough for these rude people, they starting shutting off the TV's. I had to use the facilities before i left but I didn't want them to shut the lights out on me while I was in there so I just held it. The bean dip was good.

1  Thank RawIsC0zy

Reviewed April 8, 2013

So much hype with my husbands family when we moved back to the Grand Rapids area. The staff was the best part, they were incredibly friendly. We ordered a pizza as well as an order of chips & cheese. Lets start with the chips and cheese....it was quite literally just normal tortilla chips with mild or sharp cheddar cheese over them, which had hardened and cooled by the time they even got to our table. We were sharing the appetizer and it was like one person would take a chip the cheese would just disconnect so all you had left was a cooled plain chip. Sad. I need to also mention it was like $6.99. I can't complain about the pizza, it was pizza, no better than dominos. Papa johns or Pizza Hut is much better. Nothing special or flavorful at all. $23.00 Sad. I won't be going back. My husbands family even had to agree it wasn't the same quality as many years ago. However, if you want to watch the game on tv. They have like a million. Sad.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We've been going to the Village Inn for years and we are sad to report that the old place is now gone.

Gone is the family friendly atmosphere, a place to take your kids and enjoy their company and FAMILY time.

Some pluses and minuses.

Plus- they have remodeled. It is wonderful how they have opened the place up and made it feel a lot more modern.
Minus- it feels like every square inch is now filled with TV screens. Gone is the family atmosphere in lieu of a sports bar.

Plus- the pizza is still the same- fantastic.
Minus- You can't enjoy it because they have the SPORTS up so loud you can't carry on any kind of a conversation.

When I say it is loud in there I am not kidding. It is obnoxiously loud, you can't talk or hear anyone besides the TVs and the people hooting and hollering because some overpaid sports team just made a shot.

They are trying to get money from travelers and entice them in to this place by telling them to stop in for a drink before their flight.

Well, their drinks are overpriced for bottom shelf CRAP.

The waitress was fine and friendly- until I returned the overpriced drink that was only HALF full.
Then she made herself scarce until we wanted our bill.

All in all I was very sad throughout the whole meal thinking about how this iconic family dining establishment has been transformed into nothing more than an over priced sports bar.

That being said, I am sure they are thriving. But in this family's dining experience, it is a place to avoid like the plague.

The ONLY reason I gave it even two stars was because the food was really good. But it just served as a reminder of all that has been lost in this change.

Good-bye to an old friend. We are truly sad to see you go.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ok food. Kids taco only with drink for 3.99. Could have got a better taco at Taco Bell for $1.00. The spaghetti dinner was $10 for no salad or side just noodles and sauce. Not good. I would not go back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I love this place. I used to eat there before they remodeled once in awhile, now I am there once per week, sometimes to sit at the bar and sometimes with the family at a big round table.

The place is full of TV's and really really big screens, they have to be the largest in the city , wood floors, and comfortable seating.

The mix of people are from the 20's to 60 and 70
depends on the night.

We usually go for Thursday nights for half off Martini's and different food each time
they have awesome pizza, had the deep dish and the thinner crust.
I have had their Burgers, Burritos and their Cherry chicken salads, all excellent.

The staff is friendly and willing to please.
The sound is rich and high end , the music is great
but does not blast you out of there
all of these things keep me coming back