“It's not what I think about when I think Arnie's”

Arnie's Bakery Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 928 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“It's not what I think about when I think Arnie's”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had the opportunty this week to visit the rebuilt resteraunt on leonard. It has a fresh new look but it's a little confushing. The front is now a desert bar and cafe so it's a long walk back from the hostess station to the resteraunt. It also gets a little crowded with everyone being in the front of the store to wait for the resteraunt as well as purchase cafe and desert items. That aside I was very disappointed with the food. I was eaing light so I had a salad which was ok but I also order the California Mix Vegtables which were pretty bad. The carrots were hard and all the vegtables had the same taste. You couldn't tell the Broccoli from the Cauliflower. My wife order the fish tacos and enjoyed them but they came with potatoe chips. The oddest chips in that they had no salt. They looked so good and tasted so bland. You had to salt them with a salt shaker. We did get a free desert with lunch but the front was so crowded it wasn't worth the wait. My wife was interested in the oatmeal cookie but they were out of cookies. Overall, I may try the Rockford location again but I won't be back to the Leonard location.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Grand Rapids
“Lunch is great”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We lunched here in order to meet our Pastor and plan your wedding. We were able to talk freely and chew in private. Great place for meetings.

Visited July 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Favorite”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

One of our favorites due to the amazing food they make. If you think of restaurants that make really good food, like how you would make it or even better, then it would be Arnie's. I am always buying their baked treats at the grocery store. The make the best from dressings, to food, to baked goodies.

Visited December 2011
Big Rapids, Michigan
“Good wholesome place”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Arnie's gives excellent food at a very reasonable price. The piano player at 28th street location is a big plus. Wish they had beer!

• Visited July 2012
GREEN BAY
“Always like to visit here”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

One of the places always like to eat when we come into town. Wish it was opened a little later.
Food is always good and a nice variety

• Visited September 2012