This hotel was a great place to stay with grandkids. The small waterpark has a 3 story slide and a kiddie pool area with slides & other water features for younger children, and all the grandkids (& adults) had a great time. We were concerned when making reservations that there wouldn't be enough pool area for us to enjoy since the slide goes into the regular pool, but there was plenty of room to swim. And, there was a hot tub (for 16yr. & older) & a small whirlpool (the water actually swirled like a whirlpool). When making reservations, be sure to check the pool/slide area schedule as it does vary.
Our room was located on the first floor so it was close to the waterpark/pool area. There was noise overhead from children running the halls, but when we brought that to management's attention they addressed it. We had a small plumbing problem that was taken care of immediately. Being close to the lobby was great since coffee was available all day.
The facility was very clean and nicely decorated, and the staff was attentive. They made sure the grandkids had ice cream shortly after checking in, and the owner or manager made a point of talking with us several times, and even helped keep the complimentary breakfast supplied along with two other employees. The breakfast was very tasty with lots of options, and the area was big enough that we didn't have to fight for a table like we have in some hotels.
This hotel is a great value, since we stayed for the same price as other hotels we checked on without a waterpark. It is easily accessible off US131 & M6 on the south end of Grand Rapids. We would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids South, . Home of The Little Dip splash pad. We are conveniently located adjacent to the Crossroads Banquet and Conference Center (full bar service) (4,000 sq. Ft.) Perfect for the small corporate meeting or up to 280 person wedding and social receptions. Also within minutes of major attractions, downtown Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford Museum, Metropolitan Hospital, Fredrick Meijer Gardens, Van Andel Arena and DeVos Convention Center. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-South represents the latest in design standards. Come stay with us and experience a new level of accommodations and service. This hotel offers 79 guest rooms which include two-room suites and a two- story spiral staircase room. All rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, and free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. Hotel amenities include free deluxe breakfast bar, indoor splash pad, activity pool, and a vortex pool. The hotel has a business center open 24 hours, game room, fitness center, 2,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting rooms, 100% non-smoking rooms, hearing and visually impaired and handicap accessible guest rooms.To reserve birthday parties please contact the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express South Hotel Grand Rapids
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn