After reading the not so great reviews - we took our chances with this hotel. My husband and I took our two children (ages 5 and 2) for an overnight at this hotel. The hotel staff allowed us to have an early check-in (which was great for getting everyone ready for the pool). The waterpark area was absolutely perfect for our kids. They were at the right ages to enjoy the slides and such. I do think any families with older children wouldn't find it as appealing. The staff was very friendly, and very accommodating. I am very picky on hotel cleanliness, and after I did my typical room check (before we bring anything in) I was very pleased. The room was in great shape! (My only complaint is that our room seemed to be located under the stair well and we didn't appreciate the other guests (no doubt kids) running up and down all night which made it tough for sleeping). The pool area was very clean as well and contrary to other reviews, the pools weren't cold. We had to be in the Grand Rapids area for a family event, and due to the start of our event, we needed to have a late check-out. The hotel once again came through and allowed us to extend our stay just long enough that we didn't have to try to find another way to kill time!
Thank you to the staff - it was a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids South, . Home of The Little Dip splash pad. We are conveniently located adjacent to the Crossroads Banquet and Conference Center (full bar service) (4,000 sq. Ft.) Perfect for the small corporate meeting or up to 280 person wedding and social receptions. Also within minutes of major attractions, downtown Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford Museum, Metropolitan Hospital, Fredrick Meijer Gardens, Van Andel Arena and DeVos Convention Center. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids-South represents the latest in design standards. Come stay with us and experience a new level of accommodations and service. This hotel offers 79 guest rooms which include two-room suites and a two- story spiral staircase room. All rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, and free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. Hotel amenities include free deluxe breakfast bar, indoor splash pad, activity pool, and a vortex pool. The hotel has a business center open 24 hours, game room, fitness center, 2,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting rooms, 100% non-smoking rooms, hearing and visually impaired and handicap accessible guest rooms.To reserve birthday parties please contact the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express South Hotel Grand Rapids
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn