“Good Makizushi”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We swung in for lunch, after marginal sushi at another area restaurant the week before. We picked Seoul on rating and proximity alone. That being said, we were very impressed. We had 5 rolls (through lunch combos and one a la cart) and a nigiri lunch assortment. The rolls were good, and the pieces of hosomaki were plentiful enough to make up for the their simplicity. The a la cart roll we ordered was the Central Park roll, which had mango and apple in it. It was delicious, but a little sweet for my unagi-craving tongue. The nagiri was excellent, and was all meat. (No tomago. I think the pieces were shrimp, kanikama, salmon, tuna, yellowtail, mackeral, and snapper. That's from memory, so the last three may have been different.) Lastly, our server was amazing. We new what we wanted, but he was very helpful to neighboring tables in helping them decide which rolls they would like. If i have to mention one drawback, it is that there is no a la cart nigiri menu. I think they focus on their rolls, and the variety of low-end through high-end rolls rolls is phenomenal.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food is great and the setting very pretty but the customer service is above and beyond! I hosted two bridal showers there and am always proud to bring my guests here! This is a true gem of a place and the owners make you feel very welcome!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you're ever in Grand Rapids, you won't want to miss the Seoul Garden. In fact, if you like Korean and/or Japanese cuisine, it's worth the trip just to eat there. The sushi menu is awesome, but I personally go for the Korean food, especially the Jam Bong, which is by far the best I've ever had. The staff are warm & friendly and you are greeted personally both on the way in and out. And did I mention the food? I've been eating at the Seoul Garden for years, every time I'm in GR. It really is my favorite restaurant anywhere.

1  Thank HENRY H
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a new dish at Seoul Garden, Bi Bim Bop! It was so very good and met our 'difficult' requests of gluten free and vegetarian. It was wonderful! And here's the thing, the owners are such wonderful people. They go out of their way to insure that you get what you want, to make recommendations for your particular tastes and even educating people in how to eat different foods to make the most of them and experience them richly, like telling us what was in the Bi Bim Bop, all new vegetables to our palates.

1  Thank MurJD
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere and the wait staff is excellent. The sushi is well made carefully by the chef. I love the Bim Bop! It's my special treat or a special occassion.