“Authanticate North Indian Food”

Pals Indian Cuisine
Ranked #270 of 955 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Few occasions we have done on premise dinning, and enjoyed every thing. Other Occasions, we have catered the food for more than 50 guests, it was genuine Punjabi Food and every body enjoyed.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a hankering for Indian food before a long road trip and so I went to Pals for the lunch buffet. Waiter was friendly and efficient, so off to a good start. The place is basic, even run down, but I eat at stalls in Asia so the ambience, even cleanliness, is not important to me eating solo. Perfect place for college friends to fill their bellies!

The food wasn´t anything to right home about--no real kick to anything (I understand that this has to cater to the non-picante crowd). The raita was thin on cucumbers and tomatoes, the dhal good but runny, the curried meatballs tasted like Ikea brand (which I like, but more Swedish than Punjabi), the tandoori chicken flavorful but underdone (choose the small pieces), the butter chicken was just the way the hoi polloi like it, I´m sure, but not my favorite Indian dish. I liked the cabbage masala, which not too many folks tried. . .

The rice pudding was grainy, so not great or flavorful. And last and certainly the best, was the mango kulfi. It was icy but the flavor was perfect. I wish I had not eaten so much rice and naan or I would have pigged out on the best dish of the buffet!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant again in May this year and I was disappointed. Food quality has gone down drastically and is nowhere close to a normal Indian restaurant. We ordered tandoori rotis and they were Tortilla's in reality, hard to bite and nowhere close to roti. They actually gave me pain in my stomach.
Curries didn't taste fresh and felt old. Also the prices are high and the quantity is very less. This was ok earlier when the quality was good but not worth of it now as the quality is nowhere to be found.
It is sad to see how they have gone down, it used to be good.

1  Thank Navin C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love the food here. The decor is real basic, but it's also a great place to visit friends because you can hear them without the clutter of music and busyness.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant twice. Once was take out, the tandoori chicken was very good. The vindaloo shrimp was so so, not enough shrimp, and the shrimp small. The second visit I at in, and everything was wonderful. Saag murg and aloo gobhi, both fresh and delicious. The decor is not great, but everything seemed to be clean.