“Decent local option” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Grand Rapids, MI
“Decent local option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is the closest I can get in Grand Rapids to something that resembles "real" pizza (I am from NYC, so no pizza around here is really "right"). Their sauce is a bit too sweet for my taste, but that's just a personal preference. They are not the cheapest in town, but I believe in buying local and have used them for work events and have been pleased with the service.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be a regular - not anymore”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

We used to be regulars - both dine-in and take-out. I never particularly cared for their pizza - I thought the pizza was consistently overdone - my kids loved it though. Seems they could increase the output of the oven if they'd get the pizza's out before the cheese turned brown.

Our last two occasions were nightmares. Both with larger groups. On both occasions, the pizzas were delivered in no relation to when they were ordered. One of our group was completely done with their pizza before the other family's pizza even arrived - and they ordered first! My pizza was made wrong, and the owner was unapologetic.

Our last experience was similar, but the owner was rude to our entire group. My kids loved the place, but I won't put up with that. Too bad, I normally like to support the neighborhood places. Read a book on customer service - it's not that hard!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
grand rapids, mi
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

I'm not one of the crazed JB's fanatics, but the food is very good. The breadsticks may be greasy but the taste is fantastic. The godfather pizza and the chicken chipotle are my favorites, but most of the pizza is really good. My only problem with JB's is the crust which doesn't get crispy like I prefer. Still really good though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pizza is good, and has a...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

Pizza is good, and has a wider selection than most pizza joints.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Awesome pizza, great selections, Ask for Greg Kosheba he is the best !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

Awesome pizza, great selections, Ask for Greg Kosheba he is the best !!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook