“Great drinks”
Review of Divani

Divani
Reserve with OpenTable
Divani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 948 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Divani features an intimate & sexy big city ambience in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids. Our staff will greet you with an enthusiastic smile, extensive product knowledge and attentive service. Divani will seduce your senses through our scratch kitchen featuring globally inspired Chef driven menus, hand-crafted cocktails, an extensive liquor collection, an award-winning wine list and a global beer selection featuring local draughts. Private events and custom menus are available in any of our unique rooms for parties up to 160 guests.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The drinks were excellent. Food was good, but the tables are set very close. The couple next to us -- well, we might as well have been a foursome. We ended up all talking with each other. It was fine, but my spouse and I expected to have nice couple's night.

There are newer reviews for Divani

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bar Divani is a fantastic place to meet friends for happy hour or dinner. The menu has some great choices. I really like how the tables are set up so that you don't get a lot of noise from other tables. It feels very intimate. I have never had anything there I didn't like!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

A friend of mine and myself went to Bar Divani with a Groupon, excited to try it out. We got there and loved the atmosphere--it was 5:30 on a Friday night, and not busy yet, so we could appreciate how lovely it was inside. Once we were seated we showed the waitress our Groupon. She gave us our menus, and without asking us if we wanted anything to drink, left. About 15 minutes later she showed up taking our orders, and then left, again. The food came--I got the beef Wagyu small plate, which wasn't very flavorful, to my disappointment. My friend asked for a refill on her soda, which never came, so we had to ask another waitress. We didn't see our waitress again until we called her over to order desserts. The chocolate pillow? I think it was called? Was alright, but the caramel solidified to the plate, and the mousse was a bit dry. In order to get the check, we had to call the waitress over again. It was a tiring experience without much reward. I'm thankful I had a Groupon--it was hardly worth the amount paid with it.

2  Thank Biz_St
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Grand Rapids first wine bar has passed the test of time after 10 years in business. The food changes periodically but focuses on small plates with plenty of creativity and flavor. The wine list is extensive, and Rimple and Jordan really know their stuff. If Jordan is on duty, try to get a seat in his section if you want some great and extremely knowledgeable wine advice, and he seems to have a photographic memory of what you like, the next time you go in.
I appreciate the comments on the interior design, as I have been responsible for that component. I like to think it is inviting, comfy, sexy and best suited for intimate conversation. A girl can feel equally comfortable in a cocktail dress or jeans here, neither is out of place at all.
This place is like home to me. Food and service seldom disappoint.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We'd been wanting to try Bar Divani for awhile, and indeed, the atmosphere was great. Like dining in a posh wine cellar. Unfortunately, I was completely unimpressed with my weak mixed drink and the absolutely tasteless cassoulet. I love cassoulet, and this was the worst I'd ever had--dry and bland and sad. The service was awkward, but our desserts were quite good, though. I'd take friends to drink here, but never to eat.