“So bad wont go back”

Tillman's Dining & Cocktails
Ranked #632 of 977 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Last night six of us went to Tillmans to have dinner one hour before we got our appitizers another hour before getting our dinner order in. Wanted thier liver and onions well of course they did'nt have any liver, so no dinner ordered for one of us. Then steaks orderd med rare needless to say very rare nasty tiny steak. The waitress has four tables and served a table that arrived way after us they had all their food before our order was even taken. Out of all six of us not one person said they would go back and mind you a few years ago we loved it, not any more I wont ever spend a dime in this palce awful very disapointed.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had not been back to Tillman's since our awful dinner in August 2010. Since it was once one of our favorite restaurants in Grand Rapids, we decided to give it another shot one year later in August 2011. We ordered our old standby - Petit Filet and Shrimp. The steaks were ordered Medium. We waited a good half hour for our dinners. The waitress said the kitchen was busy cooking the orders for a big party. The only big party we saw was a table of 8. One steak came Medium-Rare and the other came Blood-Red Rare. Once again, the waitress blamed the cut of meat rather than the cooks in the kitchen......I sent my steak back and it still came back rare. When I sent it back the 2nd time - it came
back cut up and charrred - totally well done. So this is 2 for 2 with ordering a steak from this Steak Restaurant and having them not cooked properly and then having the waitress blame us for ordering a cut of beef that is difficult to cook. It never used to be difficult to cook - for the 10 years we used to patronize this restaurant. So we will NEVER again go to the restaurant that we have been to at least 100 times in the past. It is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL !!

3  Thank GraceLeeEvans
Reviewed August 20, 2011

From the moment we walked in the restaurant, we knew it was going to be bad. The silverware was cheap..and our waitress was rude. The onion fries were ok for our appetizer, the rolls were hard, and the salad was cheap with brown parts on the lettuce. The food is expensive with horrible quality. My fiance couldnt even finish his food. Probably some of the worst food I've ever had.

1  Thank aconrad32
Reviewed October 29, 2010

First time at Tillmans. Had the Cattlemans steak. $12.95-including a salad and a side dish! Done exactly how I ordered it and the service was friendly and efficient. My spouse had a cheeseburger, and it was large, juicy and made to order. Will definately go back!

2  Thank Stkeater
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Tillman's went downhill fast. I don't know if they changed owners or what. We have been going to Tillman's for 10 years. You could always depend on good food. This
last visit in August 2010 was a sad disappointment. All the familiar faces seemed to be gone. Our steaks ordered medium were blood red and the crab legs were fishy and had an odd texture. The "recooked" steaks came back burnt on the outside and only a slightly better medium rare inside. The baked potatoes which were always some of the best in town were half raw inside. While the waitress apologized, she blamed the steaks on the cut we ordered. How our ordering Filets caused the cook to improperly and novicely cook them is beyond me. Since there was no adjustment to our $77 bill ( with no alcohol ) for the awful dinner they served us - we will never go back. Also now that Michigan restaurants are smoke free and the ventilation fans have been turned off - you can notice the decades of heavy smoking in the restuarant. I am afraid Tillman's is a thing of the past and probably should be retired from the dining scene in Grand Rapids. Out of towners can find an abundance of better options than Tillman's.

1  Thank GraceLeeEvans